𝟎𝟖. 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

A few days have passed and the Angels have been keeping track of the Vulture and his crew. They figured out most of the crew members' names but still haven't figured out who the Vulture is yet.

Peter has been radio silent ever since Washington. He has been working on his own on the down-low, not wanting to be reprimanded for the umpteenth time as he thought it would probably be best if he worked alone.

Juanita and Raven took turns having Natalie sleepover since she still didn't have a place to stay yet.

The girls were at Mr. Delmar's deli-grocery, buying a snack for school later. Natalie was looking for a drink with Raven as Juanita was up in front, ordering a sandwich.

"How's Natalie holding up?" Me. Delmar asked, referring to her foster parent.

Juanita glanced over at Natalie, who was occupied by Raven still. "They kicked her out after the incident in Washington. The mom told her she didn't want to waste her time worrying and looking after her if they don't constantly keep tabs on what she's doing and where she is." She said softly with a saddened gaze at Natalie.

"Wow." Mr. Delmar was taken by surprise, speechless at the sudden news as Natalie and Raven walked up to the front to pay for their drinks and candy. "Hey, girls." He said putting up a front, giving the girls a warm smile.

"Hi Mr. Delmar." Raven and Natalie said in unison as Natalie pulled out some money to pay for their stuff.

"No, no. It's on the house." He said.

"What?" Natalie said taken aback.

"For my favorite customers, it's on the house." He insisted.

"O-Okay," Raven chuckled, satisfied with not paying as she grabbed her things. She and Juanita head out of the store as Natalie stayed put.

"What's going on?" Natalie crossed her arms as her eyes narrowed at him cautiously. "You hardly ever give your favorite customers an 'it's-on-the-house' pass more than once."

"No, I don't do that with the customers who think they're my favorite. However, you three are my favorite, so for you three it's on the house." He shrugged simply.

Natalie hummed in response, still cautious. "If you say so." She said as she turned to leave.

"Hey, Natalie?" Mr. Delmar started as she turned to face him again. "I don't have the papers or whatever, but how would you feel if I adopted you?" He asked seriously.

"W-What?" She lightly choked on her breath, unsure of what she just heard.

"Yeah, I was thinking. You know, what if I took you in as my own?"

Her eyes welled up with tears as she looked at the man who she looked up to as a father figure, nodding. "Y-Yeah. I'd love that." She hugged him as she cried softly. "Thank you." She whispered.

He hugged her back, his eyes tearing up as well as he looked down at the young girl he always looked after as if she was his own daughter.

She sniffled, pulling away from the hug as she chuckled lightly, "I should get going." She wiped away her tears quickly. "I'm gonna be late for school."