𝟎𝟕. 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒

NATALIE WAS IN HER SWIMSUIT, smiling at MJ who was sitting on a chair still reading the same book that she was reading from the hotel room. "C'mon, MJ come in the pool with me," Natalie begged softly.

"You told me to come to the pool, Natalie. You never told me to get in it." MJ retorted back.

"Please?"

MJ took her gaze off of her book, glancing up at Natalie for a brief second. "I'll think about it... No."

"Fine," Natalie mumbled, leaving MJ alone by herself with her book. She sat on the edge of the wall between the pool and jacuzzi, her legs dangling in the water. She watched her teammates playfully splash each other as Liz and Cindy were having a conversation. Natalie felt a small splash hit her way catching her off guard as she laughed, looking to see the splash came from MJ. "I thought you were more interested in your book." Natalie teases playfully.

"Shut up." MJ laughed lightly as she shook her head. "Just be glad I'm sitting next to you."

Natalie smiled as she softly nudged MJ on the elbow. A little thing they did to show some sort of affection even though they seemed, to some people, to not like each other's presence or don't even get along. They were an odd pairing of friends, but they work.

Natalie's smile faltered once she noticed Ned wasn't with the group. She had a feeling Peter was going to go rogue and have his own way to prove what he's worth to Tony. Natalie also knew that Juanita and Raven have it handled. Right now, it was about her teammates and the competition. At this moment, if she were to focus on the mission and something were to happen, she can kiss her bed goodbye.

Sure, she didn't want to let Juanita and Raven down, but she doesn't want to worry them either. She'd rather wait for the right moment to tell them what's going on. She just hopes that they'll understand. All she can do right now is hope that Peter isn't doing anything too chaotic for the Angels to clean up his mess afterward.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"Hmm?" Natalie raised her brows together in confusion.

"You're thinking too much over there." MJ rephrased her sentence.

"Oh, uh... I was thinking about tomorrow. If we lose, Liz busting our asses over this competition would've been for nothing. Y'know?" Natalie stated quietly. "And... If we win, we're still gonna have to bust our asses even harder to be better." She thought aloud, letting out an airy chuckle.

MJ nodded in agreement, "Either way, we're busting our ass." She finished Natalie's sentence, chuckling along with Natalie.

"Exactly." Natalie sighed, calming her laughter down.

Liz checked the time on her phone, "Hey, guys! It's time to get to bed." She called out quietly to her teammates.

Everyone got out of the pool, gathering their things together. They all followed Liz out of the indoor pool and then went their separate ways to their rooms to go to bed.