Part 15

ETHANS POV

I am standing there with my head throbbing from hearing what my father said..

My whole body is shutting down still I am trying to keep up..From the corner of my eye I saw Rey.. By the look on her face I knew she heard everything..

My whole world is crashing up on me..God..help me..

I was shaking with anger and hurt..My best friend...

"Tell me thats a lie Katee.." I begged her..

She sobbed sitting on the floor.
I had it enough but before I could make a move Rey held my hand..

"Listen to her before you leave her.." she whispered in my ears

"Take her away from here and talk to her..trust me it will do good.."

She gave me a reassuring look and I did what seemed logical..

"Kate.."

She looked at me with pain in her eyes..I knew there was something wrong..

"Come to my home..we will figure this out together."

She looked relieved and she was about to walk with me when my dad talked..

"Very well done Ethan..You care about that little shit than your father here.."

I didn't know what happened to me..My blood boiled and I spoke

"Speak one more bad thing about these two girls here and I won't even consider that you are my Father.."

By saying that I dragged both Kate and Rey away from them..

I could see Rey's father looking worried..I walked over to him.

"I promise you sir.. No harm will come to her..she will be safe with me."

He nodded his head and her brother gave me the permission

REY'S POV

I am currently sitting in Ethan's penthouse..

Kate has been crying for long in my lap and Rick and Del are sitting clueless..

Yes we all are here..

This has to be sorted out by Ethan and Kate..

I saw Ethan walking to the area where we were sitting.

He sat opposite to me and Kate..

Ethan's pov

"Kate we need to talk.."

She slowly sat straight from Rey's lap..I saw Rick and Del moving to the balcony giving us space..

I saw Rey getting ready to leave but I held her hand..

"Please Rey.. Don't go..I need you here."

"Ethan..I am not going anywhere..But you need to sort this out..I will be around here.."

She gave me a small smile and walked to a room which I told she can read..

"I am sorry Ethan..I didn't want you to know this way."

"Lets keep the sorry for the last..What is actually happening..."

I asked to kate clueless about my life at present..

"You always told me your mom left because she loved somebody else and left you for that person.. From that day you hated women.."

"This is not the truth Ethan..Your father is the reason your mom, our mom ran away.."

I was blinking at kate as if she has grown three heads..What is she even saying..

"Before you react let mec finish..

Your father never lover our mom..She was always abused..Your father though women as just a material who produces heir and that is what he only wanted..After you was born.. everything changed..The abuse became mental, physical and in no way she could survive...One day your father came home with some women and our mom was not having it anymore..
She reacted..Your father nearly killed her and threw her out..She was nearly alive when my dad found her..He helped her to recover physically but mentally she was still down...It took a whole year to get her back...And by the time my dad fell in love with mom..
In between all this mom gave birth your baby brother Nathan..My brother..And too long after that I was born...

You were only 2 years when all this happened...When I was born you might be 4..That is why I told you everytime..I am way too younger.."

Kate stopped talking..I can't even process what she said..I had tears in my eyes..I felt a load of emotions coursing throughout my body.

"How did you become my junior in college.."

"I was pretty smart.." she chuckled in her sad voice..

I knew that..she was pretty smart girl..I knew she was promoted higher because of her skills..But 4 years...

I was slowly realising what Kate said the other day..

"You knew all this all along.."

She nodded her head...I knew I was hurting her but I need to know full truth..

"Then why.."

"It was mom...she never wanted you to know all this...she always loved you more that any one of us..She didn't want to see you getting hurt.."

The feeling in me is something which I have never felt..My whole life was a lie..

"My whole life was a lie..." I whispered slowly..

I saw Kate moving towards me but I stopped her..I saw the hurt in her but I need someone else...

"I need to breathe..I will tell my driver to drop you..."

By that I left Kate...I could hear her sob and Rick consoling her...

I went and saw Rey asleep on the bed with a book in hand...

I slid on the bed with her and held her in my hand..Slowly tears trickled from my eyes...

REY'S POV

I could feel a warmth enclosing me and I snuggled further to my blanket.. suddenly heard sniffing and I slowly opened my eyes..

I was shocked and started to panic seeing the surrounding..

Then I calmed down when I understood what was going on..

It was Ethan who was holding me...

I didnt have the heart to push him away so I let him cry..I hugged him close...I dont know why..but i felt happy doing this..

I knew what is happening to me...I am falling for this handsome jerk..I thought smiling and dozing off holding Ethan...