Chapter 1: Nascency

'I hope that someday, I will confess my love to someone under this very cherry blossom tree,' Yeonjun thinks while looking at the tree planted behind their school.

Legend says that: if someone will confess his or her love to someone under the cherry blossom tree, every Friday at 5 pm. Their love will be eternal.

He smiled to himself and walked inside the school building. Hands are tucked inside his front pockets. And he was greeted by his friends.

Gasps. "What a miracle! Taehyun, is this a dream or reality?"

"Yea I know Kai. Yeonjun is early this day," Taehyun said.

Yeonjun folded his arms, eye rolled and replied, "I'm always early, Taehyun. You just don't notice it." He emphasizes the word 'always'.

"Yeah right," the two said in unison.

Suddenly, somebody bumped Yeonjun, causing him to fall forward.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to."

Yeonjun looked up at the person who bumped him. And what do we have here? Choi Soobin.

"Yeonjun? Oh my gosh," Soobin panicked, "I'm so sorry." He apologized and reached his hand to Yeonjun to help him stand up.

Yeonjun looked at him and then at his hand.

"Heh, it's fine Soobin. I'm not mad," Yeonjun said. Ignoring Soobin's hand and stands up by his own.

"Soobin! You're such a slowpoke."

"Hey! It's not my fault that you're faster than me, Beomgyu!" "I'm so sorry again, Yeonjun."

Soobin ran off.

"Can't he see where he was going?" Yeonjun asked. "He is such a klutz."

Taehyun and Hueningkai just kept silent, because they don't want to be scolded by Yeonjun. Yeonjun is a mad man if he is angry.

Yeonjun is fuming because of his hatred of Soobin. Taehyun wanted to calm him down but he was greeted by an angry Yeojun screaming at him. Hueningkai wanted to laugh so bad because it is the first time that Taehyun is being scolded by someone.

The bell rang indicated that all of the students should be in their respective rooms for the class. Yeonjun's mood change when he heard the bell and went to his first class.

When Yeonjun is turning his back from the both. Hueningkai fished out his phone to text Taehyun.

Taehyun noticed that his phone vibrated. He fished it out and opened Hueningkai's message.

Yeonjun's dual personality is so sick. - Kai

I know right? Angry at first then turned angelic. Like there is no troubling him. - Hyunnie

Is he the devil or the angel? - Kai

I don't know. Kai, we have to go to class. - Hyunnie

Oh my ghad you're right. The teacher will be furious if we are late. - Kai

I know that, Kai. - Hyunnie

Race you there. - Kai

And they sprinted to their classroom. But when they got there, the teacher is not yet there.

The teacher of Yeonjun's class had arrived and carried the test papers from the last day's tests.

"Okay, class. This is the results of your tests from yesterday. I would like to congratulate all of you because you have passed this test and no failing score," the teacher said. "Now, I will hand these back to you." Returning the test papers to the students.

"Good job, Yeonjun. You got 99% on your paper. Nice job."

The whole class clapped for him and a big smile plastered on his face.

'Beat that Soobin,' Yeonjun thought.

"But I'm super proud of Soobin. 100% on his paper."

This news surprised Yeonjun. The test that the teacher gave to them is hard and no can ever reached perfect score, but for Soobin he had a perfect mark.

The whole class exclaimed except Yeonjun, instead he gave a death glare to Soobin.

'Why is it always him?' Yeonjun thought. 'Always the top of the class, I should be the top of class not him.'

"So I know that the sports fest will happen next week. I will give you guys some free time today. Either you will talk with your classmates, play with your phone, write something or anything you want to do. Except no going out of the classroom," the teacher said. "I'll leave you be." He left the room.

"Whoa! Soobin. You're like the best! Always getting a perfect remark!" Soobin's seat mate praised.

"Thank you, Yeji. But it's just average," Soobin said.

"But you did way much better than Yeonjun," Yeji said.

Soobin looked at Yeonjun who is standing up and about to leave the room.

"Yeonjun, we aren't allowed to go outside the room."

"I know that Hyeop. I'm just going to the latrine. Don't sweat it," Yeonjun said, clutching the doorknob angrily.

"Oh, sorry, Yeonjun. I permit you and come back," Hyeop said.

Yeonjun didn't answer Hyeop, instead he just opened the door and went to the latrines. He stopped at his tracks when he is at the entrance of the latrine. He then began walking to the quietest place the school, the rooftop.

Yeonjun knows that he is violating a school rule and a teacher's orders but he need some time to himself. He reached the rooftop and find a perfect spot to sit and think, while waiting for the bell to ring for the second class.