Chapter 6: Veracity

"HUENINGKAI! TAEHYUN! GET ME OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANNA BE STUCK WITH THIS IDIOT."

Earlier.

Yeonjun just entered the school campus with tired eyes, he burnt the midnight oil. The two idiots ran to him and said.

"Yeonjun! Someone is looking for you in the music room. Stat!" Hueningkai said.

"Can't it wait later?" Yeonjun yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"No, it doesn't!" Taehyun said, grabbing Yeonjun's arm and ran towards the music room.

They pushed Yeonjun inside the room, but before he's going to protest, the door slam in front of his face. He grabbed a hold of the door knob, but it's locked, from the outside.

"You know this isn't funny," Yeonjun said.

"Tell me about it."

Yeonjun jumped at that voice that he recognized. It's Soobin's.

"What are you doing here?" Yeonjun asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Soobin said.

Earlier.

"Soobinnie," Beomgyu said.

Soobin hummed.

"Can we go to the music room?" Beomgyu questioned.

"You know that you can go on your own, right?"

"Hey! You sound like Taehyun. But never-mind that," Beomgyu said. "Back to the topic. I know, but I want you to come with me. Please."

"Ugh, fine," Soobin said.

Beomgyu cheered and he dragged Soobin in the music room.

Minutes later, both of them heard a ding on Beomgyu's phone. He fished it out and read the notification.

"What's that?"

"A new notification on Facebook, someone invited me to play Everwing," Beomgyu said. "Uh... Soobin, I need to go to the bathroom."

"Eh. Sure," Soobin said.

The younger smiled at him and ran off. Soobin looked at the younger, looks like he's ready to go. He looked at the window, seeing the cherry blossom tree. When he heard something slammed, he looked at the door, his right hand on his left chest.

"You know this isn't funny," Yeonjun said.

Present.

"HUENINGKAI! TAEHYUN! GET ME OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANNA BE STUCK WITH THIS IDIOT."

Hearing those words, it hurts Soobin. He doesn't get it why is Yeonjun furious at him.

"Why are you so mad at me? Did I do anything wrong to you? Tell me!" Soobin said.

"You know that you're the problem!"

"Why am I your problem?"

"You stole it!"

"What? I never steal anything. Tell me. What did I stole from you?"

"The ranking."

"What kind of ranking?"

"You're such an idiot? You don't even know what am I saying."

Soobin gasped, he covered his mouth. That hurt him so much, calling him an idiot. He once was called by his parents an idiot because of his recklessness and dumbness.

"W-What?" His eyes are glistening, about to form tears that are ready to fall down.

"You stole my ranking! I suppose to be the top, the number one, not you!"

"That's it? That's all that you're really mad about? About me, surpassing your grade?"

Yeonjun is about to say something but he got cut off.

"I'm not really like this, Yeonjun. I'm not smart as you think. I was pressured, okay? They all want me to be smart just like them. I don't want to do it anymore, I want everything to stop, but I can't."

"You're supposed to be my role model. But now you aren't."

Yeonjun stood there speechless. Regretting all his words that he said to Soobin.

"Beomgyu, I know that you're out there. Can you please open the door? I don't want to be here anymore," Soobin said, face-to-face with the door.

Minutes later, the door opened and Soobin walked out. Beomgyu waved goodbye to Taehyun and Hueningkai and joined Soobin walking to the garden.

Taehyun and Hueningkai went into the room. Yeonjun fell onto his knees.

'What have I done?'