Changes

You can't help but get the feeling that the League are using her to keep an eye on you. The blonde-haired girl happily hums away at your small kitchenette, concocting some kind of meal out of whatever was left if your fridge. You hear her phone vibrate, she pulls out a charm covered flip phone with a toothy smile and taps away as she sends a message to another anonymous person. She lets out a strange whine of excitement, momentarily forgetting the food as she turns around and jumps up and down.

"Oh! The boss man wants us to go kill somebody for him."

"Just like that?"

"Uh-huh, I told him all about what a great job you did with the last guy." She scoots closer and wraps you into a suffocating hug, she rubs her face into your chest before pulling back. "So... let's go!" She grabs your sleeve and pulls you through the front door.

"T-Toga, the oven!"

---

The league had picked out somebody less important this time, a local hero who'd been snooping around the neighbourhood. They didn't think that he'd find the base anytime soon, but he was close, and could strike it lucky. They didn't want to leave anything to chance. Part of you feels that killing him would only draw more attention, it used to, but with your ability to dissolve people's bodies you could get away with... murder; literally and figuratively.

A lot of people think that quirks contribute to society, but with a power like yours, what else could it be good for? Maybe one day somebody would be born with a power that would just destroy the world, what good would that do anybody? If you were born with a nicer power, like shooting ice-cream from your hands, then you could be helpful. Quirks just brought misery, in your opinion. What good could a man with claws for hands do? Or an extra-long neck? Dressing up as a giraffe? You kicked a can down the road with a frown.

Toga had cased the target while you weren't paying attention. He's a local hero working at a nearby agency, who recently put out a publicity stunt announcing that they would track down the infamous league of villain and put a stop to them. Obviously, with this calibre of hero, they weren't going to do any such thing. Confidence can only get you so far.

With this is mind you were liable to not pay much attention. Toga, on the other hand, vibrated with an intensity that worried you. She seemed incredibly excited about this. But this guy? His quirk was boring. Strength. A dime a dozen kind of guy. Those hero schools pumped this kind of hero out by the hundreds.

Boring.

Well, maybe Toga could just take him. She seemed to care very little about how the target bit it. The hero was a tall man with a muscular physique. He was older than most. A late bloomer - or maybe even a late boomer. He had bleached blonde hair and a disgusting cyan spandex number. He leaned over the counter of a ramen shop with a lecherous grin, the younger woman manning the place looking just as disgusted as you.

"Flirt later, asshole," you complain. Of all the days to get a slow one, it had to be today! It's freezing.

Toga swings her stocking covered legs from above, a ledge she climbed to observe him. "Aw, but love is for all ages Ash-kun!"

"A man his age should have a wife by now."

Toga pouts, "Where's your imagination? He might be a widower!"

"Then let's send him to his wife already."

Toga freezes for a moment, processing your retort. She smiles even wider than she usually does, "Ooooh! That's so CUTE! I wonder if she'll get mad at him for hitting on other women?"

He's still there, still failing in his attempts to secure the woman. You sigh and jump up to join Toga. It's not comfortable, but it's better than standing around for twenty minutes. "Whatcha' thinking about?"