Ch. 3

Everyone gasped and gathered around her.

Her head hit the floor violently, prompting Crockett to kneel down by her head and make sure she didn't hurt her head.

"Gallo, she's your roommate, right?" Matt asked. Blake nodded frantically.

"Does she take any medication?" Crockett demanded.

"Uh, no, just hay-fever pills and birth control!" Blake told him. He was beside himself with worry.

"Someone call an ambulance!" Crockett called out.

Multiple people whipped out their phones.

"There's no need." Daniel Charles said, standing up from his seat.

"She's my patient, and this is barely hospital worthy." he said.

"What are you talking about? She is having a seizure." Crockett said, panicky.

"How much alcohol did she have?" Daniel asked, ignoring Crockett.

"It was just two shots." Vanessa told him, running a hand through her hair nervously.

"Jesus christ, did she see someone die today?" Daniel muttered.

"She did, how did you know?" Voight asked.

"So, alcohol, stress, and death in one day." Daniel listed off.

"Wait five minutes."

                                *|*

Five minutes later, Avery stopped seizuring.

Her chest wasn't moving, her lips turned paler and when Crockett checked her pulse, it was weak.

Daniel grabbed a glass of water, and threw it over her face.

Avery sprung to a sitting position, almost hitting Crockett in the forehead.

Blood streamed from her nose like a faulty tap and she quickly brought both hands to cover it.

"Oh no, that's never happened before." Daniel murmured, helping her up to stand.

"Avery, are you okay?" Vanessa asked.

"She'll be fine. I just need to call her boyfriend to come pick her up." Daniel reassured.

He lead Avery outside, leaving the others to worry and wonder.

                                *=*

Avery skipped up the stairs to the bullpen.

Bee jumped out of Adams seat and flung herself into Avery's waiting arms.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hailey asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" Avery asked back, reaching into her bag and taking out a bag of jellybeans and handing it to Bee.

"You had a seizure." Adam deadpanned, sipping his coffee.

"I did?!" she exclaimed, quickly rooting through her bag to get her phone.

Once in her hand, she scrolled through her texts and narrowed her eyes at one in particular.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." she apologised.

"Gallagher you okay?" Voight questioned. When Avery nodded, he continued.

"Alright, Gallagher and Rojas, go check out Ava Blues house, we need more information on her. Atwater, I want her files. Upton and Halstead get Bee a DNA test. I want to know everything." Voight instructed them.

"Okay, Bee, I've got to go. You need to let me go." Avery said softly.

Bee made a fart noise with her mouth and hastily jumped out of Avery arms haphazardly.

"Jesus christ." Avery muttered, rubbing her forehead.

                               *"*

"Alright, we should probably check for any legal documents in the house, then ask the neighbours about her." Avery suggested, not looking away from her phone.

"You know, you're a really good detective." Vanessa commented.

Avery looked up from her phone in confusion.

"That's my job." she shrugged.

"I don't know. It kinda looks like paperwork is your job." Vanessa told her.

"Jesus christ Vanessa, what do you want from me?!" Avery threw her hands up in despair.

"Do you want me to file a complaint or something?"

"Yes. You are so much better than paperwork." Vanessa exclaimed back, hitting her hands on the steering wheel.

"You are not the first person to tell me to do that, and you will not be the last." Avery grumbled, turning her phone off and throwing it into her bag by her feet.

"My boyfriend keeps trying to make me complain."

"And why don't you?" Vanessa questioned.

She took a left instead of going straight forward, trying to extend the chat.

"It could get them fired. If I have to do something, I'd rather transfer." Avery said.

After a moment of silence, Vanessa spoke again.

"Why don't you ever drive?" she asked.

"I have terrible road rage that almost killed me. Blake drives me to work, or I cycle." Avery told her.

Vanessa stopped the car outside the house and they both got out to start investigating.

                                *&*

Avery and Vanessa arrived back at Intelligence, with little to nothing.

Ava had been a perfect neighbour, barely came outside, never any guests.

The only thing that was strange was that when she did go out, she would disappear for days on end.

Hailey looked up from her paperwork to look at the two, making Avery stop.

"What happened to your face?" she questioned.

Hailey face was littered with cuts, small burns and a skid mark on her forehead.

"We got attacked at the hospital." Jay told them, spinning round in his chair.

He looked worse.

"Where's Bee?" Vanessa asked.

The two detectives looked at each other nervously, before moving their gaze to their shoes.

"She was taken." Voight eventually said.

Which brought Avery's world crashing down.