38.

You sat in your office, looking at Steve who just got back from his dinner date with Lynn. Months has passed since you two broke things off and it still didn't go well with you that he has started dating again.

Steve walked to your office and leaned on your desk. "Everything okay?"

You smiled. "Yeah just a headache. It's been a rough weak."

"C'mon let me take you home." Steve suggested but you didn't want to go with him at first. "I won't take no for an answer." He pulled you by your arm.

You sat in the passenger seat and relaxed at the touch of soft seat. You were so tired. "How was your date with Lynn?" You made small talk.

"It went great." He chuckled like he remembered something funny. "She's a great girl."

You didn't say nothing for a moment until you broke the silence. "I'm really happy for you." You admitted sincerely and smiled as he put his strong, warm palm on top of your hand.

You two were driving through the forest because the main road has been closed because of the fallen tree. "What is that?" Steve pointes to what looked like a car accident.

You two went outside to check on the driver and then everything went black.

You woke up to woman screams. She was tied to a table, bleeding. You saw Steve next to you locked in a huge cage so you try to wake him up. "Steve." You shook him and patted his arms.

"Where are we?" He asked when he finally woke up. When he saw a girl almost dead he realized how serious the situation is. "Oh my god." He tried to open the lock but there was nothing that you didn't already try.

You heard footsteps coming down the wooden staircase. Tall figure approached wearing a mask and a white apron, with blood dripping of it. He said nothing as he picked up a knife and started cutting.

It felt like you were crying for two hours. Steve held you close your head away from the brutal crime scene. "Y/N, what just happened was horrific but you need to help me get us out of here before he returns and kills us to." Steve held your face, trying to calm you down.

You reached the wire that was thrown to the floor and Steve managed to unlock the cage door. When he unlocked the chains on your foot he heard footsteps. He knew the murderer is coming back. "You need to leave and run as fast as you can. Run to the nearest house and call for help."

You cried. "No I'm not leaving here without you."

Steve grabbed your head and pulled you closer, attacking your lips with his in a sweet kiss. "Go."

"I love you." You whispered and run to the window when you escaped.

You ran for more than ten minutes to the first house. It was in the middle of the night but when you started screaming for help, the lights instanly turned on. You called Danny and told him everything.

The police cars arrived five minutes later and your heart was beating like crazy. "Why did I leave him there?" You kept repeating.

Policeman searched the house and it took forever for them to come back out. There was no Steve. You walked straight to the door, your hand on your mouth, thinking he was dead. "Steve." You cried. "What have I done?"

"You listened to my orders for once." Steve smiled behind you. The blood kept running out of his nose and mouth. He pulled you in a tight hug. "You saved us."

You collapsed in his arms, thinking the god he was okay.