Epilogue

Max's Pov

I stood before my mirror looking over my appearance, a tall ginger looked back at me. He wore a dark blue button up shirt with black jeans. Only a couple of hours ago, Ross had asked me a strange question- one that I had underestimated to never come. 

 I was on my phone scrolling through Twitter when footsteps thundered down the hallway. I quickly looked up to find my young brunet racing towards my bedroom.  He paused before my door, and watched me with a small smile, "h-hey Max!" Ross panted as though he had just raced a mile just to get to my bedroom. 

"Hey bud, what's going on?"

"I just wanted to ask if you could meet me at the park- at the same place where you asked me to date you!"

"Of course, bud?" I smiled as Ross nodded before racing away once more.

The memory slowly faded out of my mind as I began to tame my ginger hair. As soon as I was finished getting ready I quickly walked out of my bedroom before going outside. A soft breeze ruffled my hair as I folded my arms. Minutes passed as I walked aimlessly towards the park. however, as soon as I stood infront of the entrance a large candle sat beside the gates. I let out a chuckle of wonder before I wandered down the familiar gravel path.

A variety of vegetation sat on the edges of the pathway. A curious squirrel wandered down the tree before chirping happily at me. I smiled at the soothing atmosphere. However, I paused as another candle stood before me. The candle illuminated the bench where I had asked Ross to be mine. Around the area, rainbow colored tinsel sat on the street-lamps like decorations. Meanwhile, on the bench a bouquet of flowers sat on it. I slowly lifted up the flowers but I was startled by a voice behind me. I turned my head to find Ross standing behind me. "Ross?"

 "We've known each other for eleven years now, Max. You have been nothing but compassionate towards me and so many others. Now after seeing your love. After getting to feel what it's like to be yours, I would like to ask you a question. A question that only one person should be able to ask you."

"Ross?" I asked clearly confused. I let out a startled gasp as Ross fell into a kneeling position before he pulled out a small red box from his coat pockets.

"Will you marry me, Max?"

My heart thundered in my chest. Was he serious? I looked up into Ross' pleading eyes before I shyly smiled, this must be a dream. However, without thinking of what to say I quickly wrapped my arms around Ross, "Yes. Yes of course, Ross!" Ross chuckled under my grasp before hugging me back. Together we wept salty tears that could water the vegetation below us. However, we didn't care- we were just happy to be together. Happy to have the other person, in their arms- forever.