Alexa Hernandez

Name: Alexa Hernandez

Nicknames: None

Age: 14 going to turn 15

Grade: 9th

Gender: Female

Appearance: She has tanned skin with light brown hair. Her eyes stand out because of their grey-blue color. She often wears a clip to put back her side swept bangs and has her hair up in a ponytail. She is 5 feet 5 inches and is fairly slim. Her arms look quite week but her legs are pretty fit from sports. She wears clothes which are comfortable and appropriate for the weather.

Personality: She is highly sensitive to physical and emotional stimulus. This means that she will hear, smell, feel, taste, and see things that other people may not notice (no, not in a superpowered way). She is also very empathetic to others feeling, making her a good friend to be there and in a way, share someone's feelings. She is also sensitive to what people say and do, and takes things to heart very easily. This causes her to have difficulty controlling her emotions, whether it be happiness, anger, or sadness. She tries to make sure others don't notice her lack of control of her emotions, especially people that would use it against her. She also has trouble sitting still/quiet, causing her to fidget or mumble to her self. Her sensitivity to often causes her to be distracted and exhausted to have to experience so much around her that others don't even notice. This causes her to struggle in school and become frustrated very easily. She may get to points where she storms out of class. Although, she isn't dumb and can learn very well on her own. Her sensitivity also makes small things like the smell of cookies more enjoyable.

Strengths: -She is good and helping and understanding others, making her a great friend
  - Pleasant sensations, even small ones, can greatly help her.

Weaknesses: -Her sensitivity causes her trouble in school
  -She can be easily hurt by others from things they say or do, meaning she has to be careful of with her relationships

Likes: Music, fresh baked cookies, venting her feelings, turtles

Dislikes: Parties, stressful situations, difficult classes, not being able to control her emotions at times

Clubs/ sports: Track and field and Music Club

Any mental illnesses/ disorders: May have ADHD but hasn't been diagnosed

Family: Mom, Dad, and older sister

Backstory: She has always lived with her mom, dad, and older sister. Her family has also had several pets over the years, but has avoided having one for a few years now because of how sick Alexa appears to get when they pass away. Her sister is 5 years older than her and is great in school. She had trouble in elementary school because she often had the same teachers her sister had. The expectations from her parents and her teachers were troubling and her sensitivity didn't help. Although, her sister was helpful. They don't really understand that she cannot control her sensitivity. Middle school was surprisingly better for her as she was understanding how to deal with it and made friends. But now that she is in high school, trouble started again. Her sister is in college now so she doesn't get to talk to her as much.