Chapter 9: Besting Bester!

'Thoughts'

"Spoken Words"

[Skills or the Voice of the World]

{Great Sage}

-----------------

Okay guys and gals, I'm sorry that this chapter came out so late at night, I fell asleep after Thanksgiving supper. I am now working on this at 11:00 pm. Also, there is some mature scene up ahead. I'm just warning you.

------------------------------------------------------

Kaijin: "Oh, it really is a slime. Sorry for my ignorance, my name is Kaijin. The three behind me are my employees... Well, they are not really employees, as they have their own shops, but after they were forced out of business from either jealous apprentices or being forced to hit am officer of the king. So after they were thrown on the streets, I took them in."

The three dwarf brother's look up from their work to see who Kaijin is talking to and recognize us immediately. We stare at each other for a second because we never expected to meet again so soon in such a place.

Garm: "Hello slime! We meet again!" Garm calls out in the akward silence.

Rimuru: "Hello! We meet again!" Rimuru quickly says back.

Kaijin: "Oh, so you're the slime they were talking about that had that great medicine that save their lives! You have my gratitude. At first, I didn't believe them when they told me that a slime had saved them, but apparently it's true." Kijin also says to change the subject.

Kijin has a smile on his face, but it quickly goes into a frown as he thought of something.

Nameless: "When we walked in here, you guys didn't look to happy about something. What's wrong?"

Kaijin: "Well you see, though it supposed to be a secret, I was hired by a certain country due to another countries ruling person doing something stupid abruptly.
A certain minister of the employing country gave me an impossible order. I have to turn in 500 steel Spears and the main order is an order of 20 swords. All of them are to be turned on by the end of the week... I have finished the Spears while working an all nighter. The swords however, take at least a day each, and even with an assembly line producing them at the highest efficiency, at the most it would take 2 weeks. I don't even have a single sword ready and what I was working on when you three came in was a sword beIN made with the last of my material required to make the swords."

Kaijin tells us his predicament. This is pretty bad. The end of the week is in 5 days. If they don't even have much progress done yet on the sword their making now, then they practically have 4 days left. Damn, who was the idiot who ordered this?

Kaidou: "If you knew it was impossible, why did you accept it?" He asked questioningly.

Kaijin: "That's what I told him, but that asshole bastard of a minister, Bester, made the proposal right in front of the king, so I couldn't refuse. If I can't get this order done, I'll likely have my license revoked..."

Tough luck.

Kaidou leaves saying that he can't stay here. It would be unfitting for the Captian of the guard to be away from work all the way till noon. Though, he was guiding us wasn't he? It wasn't like he wasn't doing his job...

Nevermind, I have business to discuss.

Nameless: "Mr. Kaijin, we are looking for people that are willing to be hired by us to help with the reconstruction of our village. We were wondering if you knew anybody or if even you would be be willing to help us. We are looking for a person, or people, that know how to construct buildings, make clothes, and make weapons."