Chapter 10: Talks and Trials.

'Thoughts'

"Spoken Words"

[Skills or the Voice of the World]

{Great Sage}

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry yet again for the late chapter, but hey! We have finally hit 1 thousand reads! 

1 Thousand!

I can't believe I have made it this far, and it's all because of you, my dear readers!

Thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------

(Nameless' POV:)

We were arrested at the establishment of the Elves and taken to jail yet again.

I guess this is what I deserve for doing all that stuff to the poor elf back in there. I mean I was going hard on her.

When we were getting transported here, it seemed as if they didn't do their worst for our treatment. We were chained very lightly, to the point that we only followed them out of obligation. 

We stayed two nights in the same cell that we did yesterday morning. And you know what's funny? Gobuta was still here in the cell, wrapped up like a cocoon, sleeping. He's amazing at surprising people I can tell you that much.

Since there were 7 of us, we were split into two cells. The dwarves in one cell and the monsters in the other. 

In the morning, we were told to go to some place to give our testimonies to our defence attorney. We had too because apparently in the courtroom, only people of noble status higher than a certain degree are allowed to speak freely. If we were to voice anything at all, we would be considered a guilty on the spot. It wouldn't matter if you were wrongly convicted. You would even be charged with disrespecting the king! And the look of our attorney gives off the feeling that he is not to be trusted. I try to ask for a different lawyer, but they refuse me saying that he is our only option. 

I can already sense the corruption. There is no way were getting out of this lightly.

So these are basically the rules of this countries court room;

1: When the king enters, kneel and bow your head. 

2: People with no status like us can only speak if the king asks us a question or speaks to us directly. If not, and you speak, it counts as an instant loss.

3: If the king calls on you, again, kneel and bow you're head. Then promptly answer his question.

Hmm... 

WE ARE FUCKED.

The Lawyer is unreliable, he may even betray us. Falsifying our testimonies to not give us a single chance. We can't even speak for ourselves. And if we do, we face punishment... No matter how you look at it, we are fucked sideways in the cold snow in the dead night of winter.

Absolutely screwed.

Night of the first day in jail. 

We are sitting in the cells, Gobuta still sleeping even now, having never woken up even once. In the midst of the silence, Kaijin sighs and speaks up loud enough for everyone to hear him.

Kaijin: "I'm sorry guys, I shouldn't have gotten so angry and drag you guys with me and get yourselves wrapped up in my mess. I hope you can forgive me..." Kaijin voices his apologies.