Chapter Eleven - "Pink Girl"

Chapter Eleven-“Pink Girl”

                So here I am again. 7 pm. Dinner is not cooked yet. Aw. Feeling hungry already. Grandma is preparing a meaty dinner. I can’t wait to bike tomorrow. I am really telling you a part of my daily life. This is not a diary, haha. I HOPE that you readers will love this Chapter. Thanks for spending your time to read this.

<<<Chapter eleven>>>

“Goodbye Nasha.” I said to her as I walked out of her house.

“Be safe Claire.” She told me as she was holding the knob.

“Yeah. See you tomorrow.” I told her. “If I am not dead.”

                I heard her close the door as I walked. It was a cold night. I got my pen flashlight and lighted my way. I began to think about Pierre. I was surprised to see him respecting his promise of not showing himself when I thought that he would be the first to break it. I hear the sounds of the leaves as the wind blows stronger. I wrapped the scarf around my neck tighter. I heard a sound behind me and I turned around to see if someone is there. But no one was there. Maybe it was just me or just an animal going home. I turned to where I am going and gave out a scream.

                A meter away from me is a girl maybe four or five. She was wearing a pink dress with white shoes. Her face was what terrified me the most. She looks so familiar.

“You scared me. What’s your name?” I asked her, giving a smile.

                She did not reply and just walked away from me.

“Wait. It is dangerous for a child like you to be walking alone. I’ll bring you home.” I told her while keeping up with her.

                She seemed to move so fast. I had a hard time keeping up with her. She finally stopped near the river. I feel so tired.

“You do run fast. What’s your name?” I asked her.

                She just smiled at me and looked at the river.

“Be careful, Claire.” She said.

“How did you know my -.”

                Then I saw her scream and it seems like someone pulled her to the water. I saw her fall. I rushed towards the banks and used my flashlight but there was nothing. There was no girl in the pink dress. My dream flashed to my mind. It connects somehow. But still I need to make sure. I touched the water and I felt nothing. I was just hallucinating. I sat there. I feel scared and confused. Who was she? Is she a ghost? My dream and what I saw keep flashing to my mind. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

                I felt someone around me.

“You’ll be fine. What did you see?” He asked me in a soothing and clam voice.

“A girl in a pink dress, Pierre. A girl in a pink dress.” I answered him holding onto him, feeling that something or someone is just waiting to pull me into the water.

“Maybe you are just imagining things.”

                He helped me up and we walked away from the river when I fainted.

                I was already on my bed when I woke up. My clothes have already been changed. I was already in my pajamas. I looked at the clock and saw that it is 11 pm. I still see the girl in the pink dress. I thought that Pierre would be watching over me, but he left. He kept his promise. But I need someone to talk to. But maybe he is sleeping right now. I went downstairs and decided to talk to mother.

                I opened the door to her room.

“Mother?” I asked her.

                But I saw her sleeping. I cannot disturb her too. I went upstairs and was surprised to see Pierre leaning on the wall beside my window.

“You want someone to talk to?” He asked me. His purple eyes looked at me seriously.

“Yes. I thought that I can talk to mother but I don’t want to disturb her.” I said. Sitting on my bed.

                He approached me and carried the chair with him. He sat in front of me.

“So what do you want to talk about?” He asked me.

                I placed my feet on the bed and hugged my legs before I started talking.

“Lat night I had a dream. . .”

                I told him about my dream, what happened at the river.

“She looks so familiar to me.” I ended.

                He just listened to me and then he told me.

“I agree with you that both things are connected but in my whole life I have not seen a ghost, Claire. It just seems so supernatural.” He said.

“See who said it seems so supernatural.” I said sarcastically.

“But I guess, I’ll find some answers, Seth and I will.” He said.

“I am having the feeling that the girl is connected to my past.” I told him. “I really feel scared when I am near the water.” I shivered at the thought of drowning.

                He hugged me and whispered to my ear, changing my worried mood to a lighter one.

“I promise you Claire, I won’t bring you to a beach, pool or any damn bodies of water except your bath tub.”

                I laughed. He released his hug and sat again.

‘Funny but thanks.”

“Better sleep my angel. You still -.”

“Have classes tomorrow.” I continued cutting him off.

“Now you are the one finishing my sentence.” He said, smiling.

                I lied down and covered myself with the blanket. He looked at me.

“Out with it.” I told him.

“May I watch you sleep?” He asked.

“No. You have to sleep too.” I told him.

“Then, I have no choice.” He said.

                He stood up and went near the window and I saw him with a sleeping bag.

“I’ll sleep here then.” He said.

                He placed the sleeping bag near my bed.

“Creative eh?” I said to him, appreciating the effort he is doing now.

“Of course. Good night Claire.” He said and turned his back at me.

“Night.” I said to him and closed my eyes to sleep.

                I hope that I will not have any nightmares, and nightmares I did not have.

<<<Chapter eleven ended>>>

                Finished with this chapter with a break to eat dinner. 8 pm. ^_^. No one is texting me. I had a wrong time in registering my unli. T_T. So who is the girl in the pink dress? Vote for this story please. Be a fan too.