Chapter Twenty-Three - "Another Attack"

Chapter Twenty-three

                I want to eat. Haha.

<<<Chapter twenty-three>>>

                I feel something. My heart is beating wildly. Someone is approaching. I opened my eyes and let out a scream. Someone is in my room. He was holding a knife in his hands. A murderer. Help me. Seth? Pierre? Police? Where are the three of you?

“Please don’t hurt me.” I pleaded.

“Don’t talk. I won’t change my mind.” He said, in a mumbling voice.

                Be calm Claire, I am coming. It was Seth’s voice. He was about to strike me with his knife when he was suddenly thrown into my study table.

“Who are you?” Seth asked, angrily.

                He was just mumbling words that I do not understand. A drunken man. Seth called the police. I was still shaken with fear. I was nearly killed or even raped. I can’t take it. I feel so hot and all. Seth tied the man’s hands with a shoelace of mine. He sat beside me and touched my forehead.

“You’ll be okay.” He said in a soothing voice.

                He hugged me tight. I was crying already, I can’t stop. He just rubbed my back. We heard the police siren.

                They brought the man inside their car. They asked me to tell them what happened. Why Seth was there right away?

“I was just walking along the block when it happened.” He lied.

“He is surely a dangerous one when drunk. Did you lock your window?” He asked me.

“No.” I said, I have my reasons.

“Next time, better make sure that your window is locked and that you have an alarm.”

<<<After the leaving of the police>>>

                Seth was still comforting me.

“You’ll be fine.” He whispered to my ear.

“What if it happened?” I asked him.

“It won’t there will always be me or Pierre who would protect you.” He said. 

“Thanks.”

                We stayed like that for the whole night. The next morning, I woke up leaning on Seth’s shoulder.

“You okay?” He asked me.

“I guess so.” I said. “What time is it?” I asked him.

“9 am.” He answered.

“Sorry, for waking up late and causing inconvenience.” I said.

“No problem. Are you really okay?” He asked me.

“Yes.”

                He helped me up. I went to the bathroom, fixed my hair, and took a shower. After that we went downstairs, I prepared us breakfast. After that Seth offered us to go biking, to remove my stress. But the thing is I do not know how to bike so we skated. We skated around the park having fun. After that we went to my house.

“Better lock your window, Claire. It is easier to go to your room that way but with what happened last night you have to be safe. Lock it okay.” He advised.

“Yes, I’ll lock it.” I said.

“I better go and have some rest.”

“Thanks.”

                I went to my room and locked my window. I got a call from Pierre.

“Well, I am glad that Seth was just there.”

“Yeah. I need to lock my window now.”

“So we better knock to your door when we come visit you at the middle of the night.” He said.

“Yeah. Mother will be surprised.” I said, chuckling a bit.

“well, I am glad that you are okay. Do you want to eat something?” He asked me.

“No, I am fine. I need this time to think.” I said.

“Okay, lock your window, okay?” He reminded me.

“I have already locked it.” I said, assuring him.

                He ended the call. I shut off my phone and thought about the things. I really cannot decide who to choose. I only have thirteen days and today to go. I thought of allotting points in everything they do. And it did not work. I remember a phrase I heard someone say. It is not about how many times he has given you gifts but how high you feel when you are with him. Like a drug that you would always taste even if you are just beside him. If that is true then how will I do this? Will it be Seth? Pierre?

                I sat on my chair and thought of it. I guess I need my Father’s help. I changed to some proper clothes, packed some for an overnight stay, and got some money. I need to talk to Father. I went to Mother’s room and told her that I am going. I left the house.

<<<Chapter twenty-three ended>>>

                            I watched P.I. haha. I love it. Why is it that there are always new movies about affairs? Why? Why? Why? I can’t understand why people want to watch those. Well it is the evil thing about the society.