THREE

The rest of the week goes on. Subin finds that he has more time for himself. He tries to fill the empty spot beside him with his pile of school work. He still enjoys his mobile games once in a while during breaks from work. His café seat does not have Naeun opposite him anymore, instead, his laptop takes on the role of being his best company. Thanks to the luxury of time he gains, Subin has been ahead of his school work, working on projects and assignments way before the due dates. By being on track, Subin is able to get ahead, and revise lessons in advance for upcoming classes. Subin gets to focus more on the classes he takes, except for one. The one class that Subin has difficulties focusing in class is the class where Seungwoo is present. Whenever Seungwoo walks down the aisle, Subin starts to lose focus. His mind wanders off. He studies Seungwoo's dressing, from his hairstyle, to the dark brown laced dress shoes. However, it is as if Seungwoo is teasing him, the teacher never walks deep down the aisle to the last row when Subin sits. But this allows Subin to admire Seungwoo's back view for the short period he walks up to the front of the class again. The distraction does not mean Subin is not doing as well on this class. He still gets his focus in lectures when the professor conducts the class. However, his participation in the teaching assistant's class sure goes down the drain. This does not stop Subin from being determined to do well. He takes twice the time out to focus on this module, he wants to prove himself worthy. To whom? He questions himself sometimes, but quickly let the thought slide. He knows he can show off to his parents back at home if he does well in this semester.

It is Friday once again, he walks to the club room with Woojin, his tennis mate. At the far end of the corridor, he sees a familiar figure appear to exit from the club room. It's Seungwoo. Seungwoo is in his casual matching sports jacket and track pants. They look great on him, just like any clothes that he wears will make him look like he has stepped out from the fashion runway. He comes straight towards Subin and Woojin as this was the way to the courts. He smiles warmly, making eye contact with Subin as he walks past the duo.

"You know him?" Woojin becomes curious.

"Kind of? He's my new teaching assistant in Prof Park's class. Not that we ever talked though. I didn't even manage to answer his question in class." Subin shrugs, he hopes he doesn't get noticed for being the weird student who gives intensive stares to his teacher.

When Woojin and Subin joins the club on the tennis courts, there is a brief announcement of Seungwoo returning to the club as a PhD student. The club president mentions that there will be a welcome and get together party in the evening before the members break into groups for practice.

While the members rotate, Seungwoo lands himself a chance to watch from the benches. He finds himself especially drawn to the court Subin is at. But instead of watching the match, his gaze fixes on the young man. The way Subin swings his body with his racket and the way Subin's legs drive his leaning body to catch a tricky ball, all carve into Seungwoo's permanent memory and he cheers in his heart whenever Subin scores a point. All while Subin does not notice someone has been watching closely at him play.

Even if it is entering winter, being on court for a game of tennis can leave one sweating, especially when playing singles. Subin drops on the bench after his game, a random hand appears from his left, holding out a towel. Subin accepts the towel with a soft thanks without properly looking at who it was, and proceeds to wipe his sweat drenched face. When he finally feels clean and fresh again to take a look at the kind soul who offered the towel, Subin gets greeted with Seungwoo's smiling face.

"Th-thank you, sir," Subin stammers over his words.

"You're welcome, Subin. And you don't have to call me sir out of class, just address me casually." Seungwoo says as he stands to get back on court for his turn.