FINAL

When Subin finally returns from the clinic, it is slightly after lunch hours. The clinic is packed, like it always is. And the lack of staff makes the efficiency low in the clinic. But the hours of quietness let Subin calm down a lot. He returns to the dorm with a packed porridge on the dining table, with a note left by Sejun for him. Knowing that he has to have a meal before he can have his medication, Subin sits down and starts to eat the porridge. Though the porridge is kind of blend, it warms Subin's stomach, which he is thankful for. After the porridge, he gulps down a glass of water together with his fever medicine.

Back in his room, Subin throws himself onto bed, but feels that he is lying on something hard. After digging for his handphone, he notices the notifications. 5 missed calls and 1 text message. The preview of the message flashes Seungwoo's name, with a text asking if Subin is okay and that he is worried. Subin turns his phone off and places it away. He is a little drowsy from his medication, and furthermore, he just does not want to answer. Soon, Subin drifts off to sleep.

When Subin wakes up, it is already in the evening. Sejun is back in the dorm early to help with preparing dinner. Subin knows his roommate is back since his backpack is laying at the corner of the bed. Subin feels relieved to know there are people in the dorm. He gets up from his bed, feeling sore on various parts of his body. His sweat has wet the shirt he slept in. Subin decides he needs to wash himself up to feel refreshed so he quickly steps into the bathroom with a new set of clothes. The closing of the bathroom door alerts the two in the kitchen and Sejun worriedly calls out to Subin.

"Suub, is everything okay?"

"Yea, I'm alright. Just going to wash up!"

The voice is faint coming through the bathroom door but it is assuring to the two busy in the kitchen.

After the shower, Subin is greeted with several dishes and two smiley faces. He appreciates the effort of his dorm mates. Seungsik quickly sits the young man down at the table, urging him to start eating. It does not matter that the other members of the dorm are not back yet, Seungsik and Sejun just want Subin to eat well and quickly recover so their worry can all be lifted. The two joins Subin at the table as they see that the young man just sits there awkwardly and still not digging in. By sitting down, Subin is encouraged to start tasting the food. Though his tastebuds are not working to his favour, he can appreciate the warmth both from the food and from the bottom of his heart.

After dinner, Subin is quickly pushed back into his room, instructed to get to rest. He looks at the empty room and his bedsheets, then thought of his sweat that afternoon. He decides he should change a fresh set of beddings for himself before sleeping. As he is tidying up his bed, he spots his phone that had been chunked away earlier that day. Subin turns his phone on, and his screen immediately starts flashing. There were endless of missed calls and several unread messages.

Hey Subin, I'm worried. What's wrong with you? Everything's alright? Please reply me.

The most recent message is from Seungwoo.

Everything's fine, sir. I had a fever this morning so I took the day off.

Subin replies in a cool tone, very official, very distant.

Ah! Is it? That's no good. Rest more. And drink lots of warm water, Subin. Go to bed and rest for the day.

Seungwoo's reply comes almost immediately, as if he was waiting by his phone all this time. Subin finds it odd how Seungwoo manages to reply so quickly, barely giving him to think about how to react. He then sends greetings to Seungwoo before shoving his phone away.