FOUR

Half of the Sunday passes by with Subin sleeping in till the afternoon. He wakes up to his roommate laying on his stomach playing game, with the sound on. It is not that the sound of the game disturbs Subin's sleep, but he wakes and jumps up from the bed, blaming the older for not waiting for him to start playing the game. Sejun laughs and rolls onto his back, eyes still focused on his game screen. Subin rolls his eyes and goes to grab himself a sandwich from the kitchen. Seungsik makes sure to have more than enough food for the dorm, as usual. Soon, Subin quickly joins Sejun back in the room on the game.

When the two finally have their phone batteries almost flat, it is already the evening and almost time for dinner. In their chat, they receive a text from Seungsik saying he is out and unable to prepare dinner for the crowd. Sejun then suggests that the two go outside to get their stomachs filled, which Subin agrees to. They walk a bit out of the dorm, leaving their charging phones back in their room. While they are out on the street in front of the school, they decide to settle for a jjimdak restaurant nearby.

The duo chat about school and their days while having dinner.

"So... How's everything with Naeun now?"

Sejun asks slowly and softly, and he lifts his eyes from his bowl a bit to check on Subin's expression as he asks. Subin only shrugs and pauses for a while.

"I guess it's the end for us. I haven't seen her since the last time she said to take a break. And, we haven't texted either."

"Just like this? No proper ending?"

"Maybe that's it. We didn't actually have a proper starting too. We just started going out since everyone kinda wanted us to. At least that's how I think it was."

"Do you feel bad or anything?"

"Surprising enough, I'm pretty much okay right now. Or maybe I feel better than before. I get more time and I feel more productive these days."

Subin recalls that he is currently ahead in his studies, and he may even ace all his subjects this semester. Sejun smiles as he sees Subin gets excited at talking about school. Subin also talks about his tennis club and the members, and how the new member turns out to be his teaching assistant in one class. And this new member is a really handsome guy with a nice build.

"Oh? There's such a person around?" Sejun questions when Subin starts to go on and on about Seungwoo.

"Yes yes! You won't even believe it when you see him. I didn't at first. I thought his shoulders were really nice. And then when I got to talk to him, he's actually approachable. Though he's actually my teacher. But he's all that!"

Sejun just smiles and listens when Subin talks about how Seungwoo is as a person. It is almost the first time he sees Subin so excited when talking about a man. Very interesting. Or surprising. Sejun thought it is quite odd for Subin to think of a guy like that. But he shrugs off the idea as soon as it forms, thinking Subin may just be looking up to an older man as a role model.

"Wanna get some dessert?" Sejun asks when the two finishes their meal.

"Yes of course!"

The older does not need to ask further, and leads the way to the nearest convenient store. They both have stayed together long enough to know that their favorite way of getting dessert is at the convenient store, since it is the cheapest and tasty enough. They go straight to the fridge section, and Sejun picks up a strawberry cake. Subin also picks up a small mochi dessert, with three flavors that are in different colors. During warmer days, the boys in the dorm like to grab ice cream as after meal snack from the convenient stores. Now that the days are much colder, it is safer to get desserts like cakes or just sweets, just so the cold outside does not get unbearable.