Chapter 3

Hugo

I could see why Webb had fallen for Lena. She was, quite plainly-speaking, exquisite. Dark brown, almost black hair, and light green eyes. Her skin looked silky smooth and so fucking soft. It would make a lesser man jealous of having had a female like that. Her hair was long, almost to her waist, and pin-straight. The only thing that lessened her beauty was the sadness in her eyes. It would be clear to anyone with sight that she had been crying. Hell, I would have cried too if I had been in her position. Webb was the perfect specimen of a man.

Just a couple of inches short of my six-foot three stature, he had stormy blue eyes and soft, perfectly-coifed hair. It was messy, sexed-up looking. Perfect. He was leaner than I was, not an ounce of fat on him.

Unless you counted what I hoped was a very fat cock.

Would he bottom or top? I was good with either, no matter what his length and girth. Personally, I've done both and loved every minute of it.

Throughout my ten-mile run, I was thankfully left alone. I had a shit-ton of worry on my shoulders, and it all had to do with Webb. He was obviously miserable without Lena. I could understand why. If I was single, she'd be the first woman I'd be looking to get with.

I had to stop thinking about both them—both of them. Running with a stiff dick was not as easy as fucking with one.

As I rounded the corner of the last stretch of the ten-mile torture, I saw Webb standing next to the Alpha, a 35-year-old male who was mated to a pretty redhead I had met the previous day upon my arrival. Alana was as quirky as a woman could be, yet you could tell she had a heart of gold. Most Lunas did. You couldn't say the same about some Alphas. The power of their position got to their heads in some instances.

I wondered that if choosing a mate were allowed, would I be having the doubts I was having now? I felt like because there were restrictions at this particular pack, I'd been thrust upon Webb's shoulders when he'd been happy enough with his beautiful female. My heart went out to her, it did, but Webb was mine from the start. It just took us longer than usual to find each other.

I bent over at the waist, out of breath after the punishment Webb had given us. Ridiculous really. He was taking out all his guilt and frustrations on us, but as he was in charge, we had no choice but to follow his directions.

"Hugo! Wait up!"

Training was done, and I was on my way home to shower. I walked slowly, hearing Webb coming up at a slow jog behind me.

"What?" I nearly snarled out, irritated at having to deal with this drama of his when I should've been happily mated.

"I'm sorry," Webb said. He sounded contrite enough. "You didn't ask for all this shit, and I'm only making it worse by pushing you away."

"No shit."

I was angry and had every right to be. I left because my ex had found her happily-ever-after. Mine was now surly and ill-tempered, and hung up on some she-wolf that didn't belong to us.

Him. I meant him.

"Let's go home," Webb suggested. "Take a shower together. Fuck. I do want you, but you're just going to have to understand that I want her as well, even if I'm denied that pleasure."

I felt like Grade-D beef. It was okay if it was that or starve, but it wasn't what you went to the store for initially.

"Fuck you!"

I stalked off. I wasn't going to mate with him if he was in love with another. Not until I knew I had his attention, his full attention.