2: Another Encounter

----------------------Chapter Start----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

I bolt upright. I must have fallen asleep at my desk again. I glance at the time. 2:59 am. I might as well go get an after-midnight snack and then head to sleep. I go down the stairs and into the kitchen and feel the unsettling presence again. I sigh. I turn on the lights to see Gaster standing a few feet away.

Gaster: Hello. I decided to let myself in and wait for you to wake up.

You: G, that's kind of creepy. 

*Gaster is irritated at you calling her that nickname

Gaster: I apologize for startling you. It's just that you are rather . . . interesting. Your SOUL to be exact.

You: My soul?

Gaster sits across from me. She crosses her legs. Her mannerisms are odd yet . . . so alluring.

Gaster: You have determination from other SOULs in you. I find that rather . . . intriguing. May I look at it? Your SOUL if I may.

I hesitantly summon my SOUL. It's red but it flashes a different color at random periods of time. She looks very fixated. I can't help but blush a bit. In my eyes, she's just my type. A scientist and one with an eccentric personality. I notice that she's almost touching my SOUL so I put it away.

You: What about your soul? 

She summons hers causing me to look at it in shock. It's black and cracked. Holy crap. It looks like she sustained serious damage to her SOUL. She puts away upon seeing my reaction and looks away from me. She rubs her arm awkwardly. 

You: What happened? 

*Gaster is upset at your curiosity.

Gaster: Its none of your business!

I raise my hands in defense and apologize. She realizes her outburst and quickly apologies as well. I suppose what happened to her was traumatic.

*Gaster seems to be embarrassed. 

Gaster sighs and continues speaking

Gaster: That's why you interest me. Your soul has more power than any human I have observed. Able to "switch" traits whilst still maintaining your original trait. It's fascinating really.

She began to get up, from the table. She puts her hands behind her back and I notice that the clock has stopped moving. Its been 3:00 for a while. Somethings not right. Something is very wrong here.

Gaster: With your soul, I could become whole again.

You: I mean whatever floats your- Wait what?

The area around me turns black and white. She intends to steal my SOUL?!

*☝︎♋︎⬧︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎ ⬥︎♋︎■︎⧫︎⬧︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎❒︎ ⬧︎□︎◆︎●︎♎︎

LV. 1 HP. 45/45

Fight Act Item Mercy

Check  Coerce

Gaster 666 ATK and 666 DEF. A broken being. 

Gaster summons hands that fire off light blue beams. I stay still knowing there trait. I'm not going to fight her. I know I could probably help her. So I just have to hold out against her. SHe continues to attack with all sorts of powerful attacks. I could go into KINDNESS mode and that would probably block most attacks if I'm quick enough. I summon a green shield and I am promptly locked in place.

Gaster: You don't know what it's like . . . to be brough back wrong . . . to be splintered across dimensions . . . that's the fate I suffered.

Fight Act Item Mercy

Check Coerce

*You attempt to reason with Gaster. Her expression softens before returning to a steadfast deposition.

Gaster: Surely you would understand as a fellow scientist, no?

She now forcibly changes my soul trait to that of INTEGRITY. She changes gravity, causing me to slam against the walls. I'm glad Frisk is at Toriel's house. I don't want her to see this. I look at my options and see a new one has opened up. Hopefully, This one does something and will change her mind. Hopefully.

LV. 1 HP 25/45

FIght Act Item Mercy

Check Coerce Save

*You begin to approach Gaster. 

You: Gaster, I can help you. It doesn't have to be this way. 

*Gaster is preparing something.

You: Please, I know your hurting. But my study of souls can help you. Please.

*Gaster has summoned a Gaster Blaster.

You: I care about you. So please, let me help you.

*The Gaster Blaster is about to fire. 

I reacher her and hug her. She's shocked and goes rigid. She tries to push me away from her.

You: I know it hurts. I was in a similar situation, too.

Gaster finally deactivates the weapon and hugs me back. She buries her face into my shoulder. 

Gaster: I'm sorry. I just thought that ending it quickly would solve my problem quickly. I was clouded by my own ambitions. But I'm willing to give your plan a try. 

I smile and look at her. I can see her smiling too. For a second before her face resumes its neutral expression.

Gaster: You're too nice. But let it be known, you can't save everyone.

-------------------------------------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------------------------