6: Hatred and Misfortune

------------------------------------------Chapter Start--------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

Chara: What the hell are you waiting for?! Get them!

The copies run at us with a tremendous amount of speed. I roll, narrowly dodging another black blast of energy. From how it looks and how the kid is acting, it has to do with Hate. One of them almost stabs me but I pull out a clipboard to temporarily block it. Good thing this lab coat pocket sort of works like an inventory.

Asriel: Chara, you don't need to do this!

I look at where Flowey once stood. And I see some goat kid. He might know Chara and hopefully can talk him down. But where are the SOULS? They arent here? Crap, crap, crap don't tell me Chara got to them!

Brandon: Hey, there's no need to worry! We're lending the Flower our power so he can have a fair battle!

Justine: We'll be fine. It's you he's after. The clones are a distraction.

After me? What can I hold that he wants? I smack myself when I realize how stupid I am. Either he's pissed for being left there for hundreds of years, or he wants my soul to erase multiple timelines. I use the finger guns of JUSTICE to shoot at the HATE beings. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something silver flying towards me. I dodge it, just narrowly. Chara then commands all of the clones to focus on Gaster, since she was a bigger threat to him. I tried to go help when the world goes to black and white. Shit.

*Chara approaches.

Chara: You know, I'm rather glad! You're the one who made this all happen. Once I get your SOUL I'll erase everything, and move onto the next world. I'll erase everything there too! If i had to suffer, so will everyone else!

| Fight | Act | Item | Mercy |

Reason | Check

You: You don't need to do this. Asriel here is your friend right? If we can stop this, you can join us in living here. Surely Asgore and Toriel would be glad to see you too judging by your relationship to Asriel.

Chara: Why would I care about your sappy lies anyways? After all, you all forgot about me. That traitor got to live on.

Asriel: We never forgot Chara! Mom and Dad are still suffering all these years later!

Chara: Mom and Dad . . .?

I think it's working!

Chara: B-Bullshit!

*Asriel blocks an attack headed your way! DEF increased.

Reason | Check

You: Well, then why do you need me? I'm nothing special, and my weakened SOUL will probably hinder you. How about we talk things out! We don't have to-

Chara: Speaking of hindering, I've spread my power too thin. I don't need the clones anymore.

*Chara slashed at you, only for it to be blocked by sans and Frisk

sans: why won't you leave the dude alone? he's offering ya a way out. I for one think you should take his offer. we don't want a repeat of last time, do we?

Frisk nodded and tried to use an ACT on Chara to slow him down. Flirting only worked for a few seconds. Chara snapped out of the daze that Frisk put him in. I don't know what to think of it but i will choose to no longer think of it.

Chara: . . . You're beginning to get on my nerves.

They're barely holding back Chara. He swings upward before kicking them away. Landing a bit away. I hope they're okay.

*The efforts of Frisk and sans spur you on to end this quickly. HP Restored.

Chara: As if that'll do anything.

Chara slashes at me, and it barely misses. He's getting sloppy. Maybe he's starting to regret it?

Check

Chara. 999 ATK ??? DEF.

Gaster's uses several of her hands to fire at the megalomaniac. Chara throws the knife again whilst before creating a wave of bladed energy whips in all directions. It's almost unavoidable. Asriel, Frisk, and Sans all managed to defend themselves. I put up a KINDNESS shield for me and Gaster. Chara's sword almost penetrates the barrier. I sigh not noticing that the barrier was being broken.

You: Phew.

Chara: You're too slow. Now despair upon finding out your attempts to reason were for nothing.

I feel a sharp pain through my chest, followed by him firing off a blade beam whilst the knife was still in my chest. The worst part was the secondary effect. It felt as though it was eating away at my body, my mind and it would reach my soul before long. It was incredibly hard to stay lucid. My HP was deteriorating quickly. Chara reaches for my SOUL only for him to be flung away by telekinesis. Gaster kneels next to me and grabs my hand. She tries to heal me, but nothing works. Rather the effect is speeding up.

Gaster: Why won't it work?! You should be healed by now!

You: Gaster, I don't think I'll make it.

Gaster: Shut up! Don't say that! I can help- You'll be okay.

I pull Gaster in for a kiss. the others are keeping Chara back for now.

sans: don't worry, we'll keep him at bay. we'll give you time to be alone.

i wish I could thank sans. But it's getting hard to even speak.

You: I'm not sure If you take my SOUL-

Gaster: Do not start with that! You'll live. We'll be happy together . . . My SOUL is finally fixed all thanks to you. I don't- I'm so sorry.

Tears fell from Gaster. I used what little strength I have left to wipe them

You: I'm sorry. This is all my fault. . . So don't blame it on yourself.

Gaster: It's not! You were just doing what you thought was right!

I chuckle before coughing. Darn, that attack hurts. In a cliche fashion, my life begins to flash through my eyes. Frisk's walking, Getting my Diploma, Mom and Dad . . . and meeting Gaster. I smile as all those scenes fade away. I closed my eyes as Gaster grip my hand harder. It's been a good run. Maybe next time, in another timeline, none of this would have happened. In my last moments, I managed to pull up my last strength to give my SOUL to Gaster.

You: ~whispers~ Please, win for me, G.

Gaster: I will. For you.

------------------------------------------------Chapter End----------------------------------------------------------------

So I've released 3 chapters today. Sorry for not being able to update in really long time. you should see updates on other books too.