Stassie-Palms

We drove heading East until we hit the military base, I knew that if I ever needed help I could go to. I pulled down the secured road to the gate that had four guys with rifles standing in front of it.

"You can't be here, please turn around and leave." A young guy said stepping away from the Jeep.

"I'm looking for a General." The guy came back to the window.

"I'm looking for General Kapvoich." He turned to another soldier and mumbled to each other.

"What's your reason for needing to see the General?"

"I'm in trouble."

"This isn't a help center. Please start the car and return to the main road."

"I'm the General's goddaughter. Family. I need to see the General." I grabbed my wallet and my Russian identification card out of it. "Here." I handed the guard my ID.

Two of them spoke amongst each other and then got on a radio.

"Sorry Captain. We'll get you right in. Sir, we'll need your identification as well." Oscar swore from the passenger seat and grabbed his ID.

"He's a civilian, nothing more." I stated to the guard.

The other guards started pulling back the gate and Oscar's ID was placed back in my hand.

"Drive up front. General Kapvoich will be waiting for you Captain O'Neil-Kapvoich." I thanked them and rolled the window back up.

"Captain?" Oscar asked.

"Its the highest military ranking in the Russian mob. It was given to me when I turned eighteen."

"Damn princesa. You're a narc." I slapped his arm and drove up to the building.

Oscar and I climbed out of the car. 

The door opened to the building.

"Is that my little shithead?" I rolled my eyes.

"Aunt Aggi. How are you?" My aunt stepped towards me and saluted me.

"Crown Grand Duchess. I'm well." She curtsied and it made me roll my eyes again.

"Guards give you a hard time." I nodded.

"What do you need?" I held up my phone.

"I got the call." Agnes gestured for us to follow her.

             The building was full of offices of all the Generals in the Marines. From one star to five star Generals. History making people, working in this drab building. Concrete floors, wood paneling on the walls, dimly lit hallways. Reminded me of home. 

Gross, I thought.

We walked into her office and I slumped down on the couch.

"What the HELL did you do?" Agnes got in my face.

"Ummmmmmm a lot of stuff." 

Just placing down bombs, getting Evie to leave, shooting people, wrecking cars. Just a little bit of everything.

"Alexi is gonna come here and drag you out of my office, you know this right?" I nodded.

"Can you help me?"

"AND DO WHAT? Put you in a blackout zone? Did you call your mother or Nicky? Figure out what your father wants before you get us all killed. Oh, hello I'm Agnes or Aggi, Annie's aunt."

"Hi I'm Oscar, Stassie's fiancé." My aunt whipped her head from Oscar's direction to mine.

"Dad's doing. He's my boyfriend." Agnes scrunched her forehead up.