Kyurem: vast potential

Kyurem: a combination of 冷 rei (cold), 急冷 kyuurei (rapid cooling), or 雪 yuki (snow) with the kana reversed, and 無 mu (nothing). It may also derive from 零 rei (zero). Rem may also mimic the rom of Zekrom and the ram of Reshiram, the other draconic beasts in this trio, known as the Tao trio. Of these three, Kyurem represents the concept of wuji.
Yin and Yang are concepts that are pretty well known among the masses, or at least the terms and the symbolism, even if not a deep seated understanding. Wuji, however, might be a lesser known concept to many.

Wuji is a state of emptiness, without boundary or polarity/dualities. Wuji, simply, or not so simply put, is the unmanifest. It is stillness, a state of non-distinction prior to the differentiation into the Yin and Yang.
It is boundless, limitless, infinite. The wuji is the mechanism of both movement and quiescence; it is situated before the differentiation between movement and quiescence, metaphorically located in the space-time between the kun 坤, or pure Yin, and fu 復, the return of the Yang. Polarized phenomena unfold from Wuji and then return to it, via the mechanism of Taiji.

In Vs 28 of the Tao Te Ching, Lao Tzu writes:
Hold your male side with your female side
Hold your bright side with your dull side
Hold your high side with your low side
Then you will be able to hold the whole world
When the opposing forces unite within
there comes a power abundant in its giving
and unerring in its effect
Flowing through everything
It returns one to the First Breath
Guiding everything
It returns one to No Limits
Embracing everything
It returns one to the Uncarved Block
When the block is divided
it becomes something useful
and leaders can rule with just a few pieces
But the Sage holds the Block complete
Holding all things within himself
he preserves the Great Unity
which cannot be ruled or divided.

Now that we have a pretty clear definition of what wuji is, let's go back to Kyurem.

Kyurem has conflicting origin stories, one being that it came to earth in a meteor that crash landed in the Giant Chasm. Professor Juniper theorized that the meteorite from the story could have been a Dragon Stone, similar to the ones that Reshiram and Zekrom were revived from.
The other story states that when the original dragon split into Reshiram and Zekrom, a third dragon was birthed from the leftovers, being Kyurem. The Pokédex entry for Kyurem also states that it is waiting for a hero to fill in the missing parts of its body with "truth or ideals". This is completed in-game with the creation of its alternate forms, White Kyurem and Black Kyurem.

So we have a Pokémon that represents nothingness, emptiness, that is waiting to fill itself with either truth or ideals.
When combined with Zekrom, it represents being filled with pride, ambition, and being led by ego, as opposed to Reshiram, who fills it with the quest for knowledge and ultimate truth.
Seems pretty simple, yes.
Essentially, this leaves Kyurem a prime candidate for the position of the Fool in our divinatory practices( along with Eevee, but that's a different chapter to be written later).
The concept of wuji is depicted as an empty circle, and through taiji, it transforms into the visual of yin and yang, where these concepts intertwine and meet, such as it is in Kyurem.

There are parts of us that remain undiscovered, only found when we apply action. Thus the potential to do anything arises. Through emptiness we can discover ourselves, and the infinite potential we have.
We are our own hero, we just need to awake and decide what we want to fight for.