Chapter 2

"Lord Nobunaga is something wrong?" Hideyoshi asked as Nobunaga stared at a pair of horses that were in the stables. "No it's nothing" he said getting off his horse and putting it away. "You know we have people to do this?" Hideyoshi said putting hay down for them. "Building a bond with your horse is important. I need a horse that won't run off easily so it must know that I am capable of protecting it" he ran his hand over the black horse.

"A great lesson My Lord" Hideyoshi began to pet his horse with a new found respect for Nobunaga. "Come, I have the feeling someone is waiting for me" he turned with a flutter of his overcoat. "I left your day free so you could rest, there shouldn't be anybody waiting" Hideyoshi began to follow Nobunaga.

"It's just a hunch" he said the wind ruffling his hair. 'So majestic' Hideyoshi awed as he looked at his Lord. Reaching the castle they were met with a bunch of crates. "What is going on here?" Hideyoshi looked around and went for the boxes. "Careful with those!" Ieyasu yelled walking up to them.

"Ieyasu? Are these boxes yours?" Ieyasu nodded and grabbed one then walked away. "They're medical supplies from the west" Nobunaga said looking in the box. "From the west, did Lady Izanami send them?" Hideyoshi asked but Nobunaga was already speeding down the hall. "Please don't run down the halls Lord Nobunaga" Hideyoshi yelled but it was of no use. He couldn't help but laugh, "They're such a strange pair".

Nobunaga threw open the door to Izanami's bedroom only to find it empty. His eyes landed on the sleek black armor that was a variation of his own. Now smiling he rushed to his room. He was ready to throw open the door when he caught his reflection on a vase. The wind had swept his hair into a crazier mess than usual. Ruffling his hair like Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock Holmes (S3 E1) he got it back to its normal level of messiness.

Opening the door slowly he was greeted by a wonderful sight. Izanami was sleeping quietly on his desk her hand holding the frame tightly. A soft smile made its way onto his face and serotonin filled his head. He walked over to her and reached out to touch her but stopped. 'She must have traveled straight here after getting off the boat' retracting his hand he began to silently change into his yukata.

Sitting down next to her he leaned back into the book case behind him and began to read silently. Izanami simply slept although deep in her subconscious she began to feel safe. Her body visibly relaxed and she began to slide off the desk. Seeing movement out of the corner of his eye Nobunaga looked up. He reached out catching her before she could hit the floor.

She opened her eyes slightly, "Nobunaga" she smiled happily but continued to nod off. He sighed and scooted closer so she could rest her head on his lap. Fixing her legs he looked at her sleeping face. 'We did this when we first met didn't we? Although back then I just wanted it because I thought it would help me sleep' Nobunaga brushed her light brown hair from her face.

"Mmn" she grabbed his arm and hugged it. Nobunaga smiled and let her cradle his arm. Soon he too began to nod off until they were both sleeping soundly.
-
"Nobunaga!" Nobunaga's eyes snapped open as he was tackled to the ground. "You're up" he said as Izanami snuggled into his neck. "I was waiting for you" she kissed his neck softly. "I would have been here if you had sent word that you were coming" he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted himself up.

"Well yeah but then I could never surprise you" she frowned looking up at him. "You know I cherish these moments, I'd rather know about them so I can spend as much time with you" Nobunaga ran his fingers through her soft hair.

"Well that's why I'm here, are you ready for my great news?" She got off of him and sat in front of him. "Enlighten me" he looked intrigued as he saw his wife shine as bright as Mitsunari- I mean the sun. "I have decided that this will be my last journey to the west. That's why I stayed so long, I worked hard on gathering as much information as I could and as many allies as we needed. But from today forward I will simply be your wife" she grabbed his hand and smiled.

"Izanami..are you sure about this? When we got married I told you I was okay with your decision to handle our diplomatic relations" he looked at her worriedly. "Don't worry about that I have been training Lien to take over for me, he is currently handling my affairs. I thought you'd be happy to have me at your side" frowning at his reaction she tightened her grip.

"I am happy. Izanami you are the only thing in this world that brings me joy. You're so bright that I'm scared someone will snuff you out" he reached out to caress her cheek. "Nobunaga has something happened?" worry now settled deep within her heart.
"For a few months now the attempts on my life have doubled if not tripled" Nobunaga saw the worried look on her face slowly contort into sheer anger.