Chapter 3

"Izanami wait!" Nobunaga called after her as she stormed out of his room with the presence of mountain lion and the deadlines of a black mamba. "Lady Iza I was just coming to get you" Sakura smiled but Izanami ignored him. "Lord Nobunaga?" he called out but Nobunaga was chasing after Izanami. He watched them go down the hall and out of sight. His eyes looked over at Nobunaga's open room his normal sweet smile gone.

"Mitsunari is that everything?" Ieyasu asked getting up from unpacking the boxes. "Yes this it the last one Lord Iey-" they both looked at the door that opened with a loud smack. Hearing the sudden noises of splintering wood Ieyasu cringed as he looked at his poor door. "Council room now" Izanami's voice was low but fear shivered its way into them even Nobunaga took a step back.

She turned and continue her walk of death in search for Hideyoshi. Gathering all three in the council room they all sat down in the middle of the room as Izanami towered over them. Nobunaga was on top of his dais rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I came here because I was ready to set aside my ambitions and become a proper wife" her hand held the sheath of her sword tightly.

"Imagine my surprise when my husband wants to refuse me because of the increased attempts on his life" they all shrunk at the same time as Izanami drew her blade. "Hideyoshi!" She yelled and Hideyoshi straightened himself out. "Yes My Lady?" he looked composed but still couldn't meet her gaze.

"You are Nobunaga's right hand man as well as the man I trust the most at Nobunaga's side. If you knew about all of theses attempts why didn't you contact me immediately?" Her sword was now pointed at his throat. "Ieyasu" she turned her head and walked over to him. "Y-Yes" he said awkwardly his eyes deciding to meet hers. A mistake only a fool would make, sweat dripped down his forehead as he saw the crazed look in her eyes.

Izanami Oda was an exceptional leader and warrior. She cared about her people and made sure they always slept indoors and ate well. But when it came to Nobunaga...she had one too many screws loose. "You are my most respected medic, so why did you let the cut on Nobunaga's back turn into a scar?" bringing her blade dangerously close Nobunaga gave her a wide eyed look. 'When did she see that? Don't tell me it was when I was changing...' he shuddered slightly.

"And you Mitsunari" her eyes turned slowly to the angel of Azuchi. "You are one if not the most brilliant tactician the Oda has to offer, so explain to me why the culprit hasn't been found." Mitsunari looked down in shame. Leaning into his ear she whispered something that made him reach for his back and look at her frightened.

"Izanami that's enough!" Nobunaga finally yelled out after watching the horror show that was his wife. "Enough? Enough!" Izanami turned her head to Nobunaga a silent voice saying 'target acquired' . "I'm not even halfway through. Bring me every maid, every carpenter, every worker." she turned to Hideyoshi who scrambled to his feet.

"Sit down Hideyoshi" Nobunaga shot him a glare and now Hideyoshi was conflicted on what to do. Ieyasu grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. "The reason Hideyoshi didn't contact you is because I told him not to, the reason Ieyasu didn't treat my wound is because he didn't know about it, and Mitsunari has already caught many of the people that have been trying to kill me. That's why I left, to take care of some of those rats" Izanami's eyes soften slightly but in Nobunaga's eyes that was a huge win.

"I see, then I apologize for my behavior earlier" she turned and bowed to the three. "And Mitsunari, you can keep your wings for another day" she gave him a dangerous smile and he shivered. Izanami didn't dislike Mitsunari he was just the easiest to tease. "Well nonetheless we have to begin a clean up process starting with those closest to you. Sakura!" Izanami called out and in a matter of seconds he was opening the door.

"You called My Lady" he looked at her gently something Nobunaga did not fail to notice. "Gather every worker in Azuchi and bring them to me one by one" she sheathed her sword and walked over to Nobunaga, sitting at his side. "What are you planning on doing?" Nobunaga asked looking over at her. "I'm going to solve your problems" she crossed her arms and stared forward.

She kept her word, for that entire day she interviewed every worker in Azuchi and examined every ingredient in the kitchen as well as every article of clothing Nobunaga wore. "I'm stripping you of your maid status, you will work in the kitchen" she closed her eyes meaning it was her final decision. "But My Lady please- I...I cannot cook" the maid gripped her uniform. "Sakura talk to cooks and have one teach her" Sakura nodded and scribbled down notes on each person.

"Why did you do that?" Nobunaga asked watching the deflated maid leave quietly. "It's clear that she has feeling for you" she tried to keep her face from scowling. "And you want her to handle my meals?" he looked at her as if he didn't understand her thought process. "She is the perfect person to handle your meals. The heart is very fragile and wild. When it sets it's eyes on a person there is a silent vow they make, to protect them. If she sees anything out of the ordinary she WILL say something, because she wouldn't want you to be hurt" Nobunaga looked at her and couldn't help but wonder if she was talking from experience.

"Lady Izanami I found one sticking out of his bedroom floor" Mitsunari said holding a cloth extremely carefully. Sakura's finger twitched as he saw the small needle covered in something purple. "Bring it to Ieyasu and have him analyze it. Get me every possible remedy no matter how small" she ordered and Mitsunari set off again.

"15 poisoned needles, 3 poisoned meals, 4 spies, and 2 assassins" Nobunaga mused as he went to lean back. Grabbing his back and pulling him forward Izanami sighed. "Make that 16 poisoned needles" she grabbed her handkerchief and pulled out the needle. "It's always nice to have someone think of you even if it is for murder" Nobunaga said watching the needle be taken away.

"Sakura deal with those I sent to the dungeon" Sakura bowed and left. "Nobunaga" Izanami mumbled as soon as they were alone. "Hm?" he hummed looking over at her. "You aren't allowed to die. No matter what you have to live, okay" she reached for his face and brushed his hair aside. "As long as you remain at my side I will defy god himself" grabbing her hand he kissed her wrist.