Chapter 3 (The Faceless Beast)

"I just don't know what to do with them at this point, you know? The fact that they've basically been driven from our flat over something I can't even see is just so... ugh," Kallias sighed, crossing their arms over their face as they lay on Rain's lap. They rolled over, flopping over on their belly for a moment before turning their head to the side so they could breathe again.

Rain simply listened as Kallias ranted, humming in acknowledgment on occasion. He had one arm draped across Kallias's torso as he stroked them gently. The other arm rested on the top of the couch and supported his chin. His face wrinkled as he took in what Kallias was telling him.

"It's been ages since people actually genuinely believed in anything spiritual or paranormal. There has been so much evidence that it's all made up that it's ridiculous people still hold onto these old beliefs. As a species we're more enlightened now than we ever were in history so I wish people would stop making a mockery of our brains," Rain said in his cool, measured voice as he stroked his chin. "I honestly wonder if people have just been getting bored lately so they resort to making up stories and bullshit to keep themselves entertained. Instead of building socialism we have this reactionary drivel happening... what a waste."

"Right?! It doesn't make any sense. There is literally so much to do, and communism won't just happen over night, so why not put your energy into that instead? Making up stories and misleading the youth is so idiotic," Kallias replied, glancing up at Rain as their face broke into a mischievous grin. They had exhausted themselves mentally with their complaints about what had been happening to Caoimhe, but that didn't mean they had exhausted themselves physically.

"But anyway... I'm glad you came to see me. It's nice my haunted house hasn't deterred you from coming over and offering to fuck me silly."

Smiling softly, Rain leaned down and cupped Kallias's face in his hand as he brushed his finger across Kallias's cheek gently. They eyed each other for a moment, with Kallias peering up at Rain through the curly red mop on their head. Rain inched closer and closer, as slowly as he possibly could, which ironically, was the way he did everything.

"I'm not made of porcelain, I can take it, you know," Kallias said with a roll of their eyes as they grabbed him by the back of the neck with their prosthetic arm, pulling him down to their level and pressing their lips together the way a hyena devours its prey.

Smirking into the kiss, Rain bit Kallias's lower lip, which caused Kallias's breath to hitch in their throat. Rain chuckled to himself as he lay down next to Kallias and ran his hands down their body, settling at their waist for a moment before his hands slipped under their shirt and grazed across their back with a mind of their own. Kallias simply allowed it, letting their own hands wander up to Rain's hair and tug at the smooth black strands that made Rain moan softly into their mouth.

Sighing, Kallias tried rolling over so they could be on top of Rain, but the endeavor proved difficult when their legs refused to cooperate, as they tended to do. They had not put themselves in the best position for what they wanted to accomplish. Feeling their cheeks redden a bit, Kallias muttered "I wanna be on top... can you help me?"

Rain tutted but obliged, acting casual as he grinned and cupped Kallias's ass as he pulled them on top of him so they could straddle him properly. Kallias feigned offense at the feeling of Rain's hands gripping the backs of their thighs, but the boner straining against the front of their trousers completely betrayed what they were feeling. Rain pulled them down for a kiss this time, his hands migrating dangerously close to that part of them that really needed to be touched, and each kiss added more poison to their system; but Rain's hands were also the antidote to their little problem.

"F-fuck..." Kallias swore under their breath as Rain started peppering kisses down their neck, sucking on the soft, supple skin there almost hard enough to leave a mark. "Enough teasing... Just put it in me already..."