49// Together

July

"Mum that’s the last of the boxes." I call as I enter the entrance with the cardboard box. I leave it next to the other 10 I'd carried in this morning.

It was one of the hottest days Holmes Chapel had seen in a long time and the sweat was dripping off me. The bandana around my head was keeping my hair from my sweating face, and I thought that a simple grey vest and basketball shorts would be cool enough, but it seems that this heat is out to make me sweat.

My mum appeared from one of the many doors in a summer dress her hair wrapped up, two bottles of water in her hand and a paint brush.

She threw one by one of the waters and I cached them before they slipped out of my hands from the condensation. She then placed the paintbrush in between my teeth.

"Chloe is in your room painting, go and help the poor girl." From the mention of my girlfriend’s name, I took the stairs two at a time with the paintbrush still hanging from my mouth.

I knocked on the second door twice, before Chloe shouted for me to come in.

The white paint tin was sat near the door, with the radio playing softly next to it.

Being as quiet as I could I dip the edge of brush into the paint, covering the end bristles. Quietly making my way across the room to Chloe who was facing the wall she was currently painting white.

I wrapped one arm around her waist making her squeal and turn to me, quickly dabbing the tip of the paint brush on her nose.

Her mouth popped open as she looked at her nose with both eyes, making her go cross eyed.

Chloe leant forward with her brush to swipe me, but I caught her wrist staying at arm’s length.

I laughed at her and it made her pout her lips even more.

"I'm sorry baby," I took the paintbrush from her hand and pulled her close into my chest for a hug.

"You’re sweaty," She complained moving her head away from my chest. She was quite hot herself, her hair was pulled up into a messy bun, her skin had a caught a natural tan so there was no need for her to wear make-up which I loved and she was dressed in a pink sports bar and leggings. 

I pressed a sweet kiss to her lips, but Chloe had other ideas, she placed butterfly kisses along my exposed skin of my chest, making her way up my neck. She removed her lips and dragged her nose up my neck, I could feel the wet paint draw a line up my neck and I couldn't help but tilt my neck away as Chloe's hot breath hit my neck, but it gave her more access.

"Payback," She giggled stepping away from me and moving back to painting the wall with the rolling brush.

I turned my back to face the other wall, turning up the radio and began touching up the already painted wall.