Thomas and the Magic Railroad 2: Lily's Return part 2

Lily's POV

"Okay," I said to myself, "Let's go over what I know so far" I was pacing the grassy field below me, trying to talk myself through my current predicament. I was trapped on Sodor, with no gold dust to send me home. Fortunately, I still had my backpack on me when I blew the whistle. I dug into my backpack and brought out my notebook and a pencil and began to write. "I know I'm on the island of Sodor," I said aloud as I wrote it down, "But I don't know where on the island I am. I found a conductor's whistle on my bed, but it only had enough dust to take me to Sodor. The whistle is out of gold dust, and I am now stranded on the island." I thought to myself as I stood up "Well, if I can't get myself home, maybe Mr. Conductor, Junior, or Lady can!" I had made my decision, I needed to find either Lady, Junior, or Mr. Conductor as soon as possible. So I picked up my back pack, strapped it to my shoulders, and started to walk. I was looking for train tracks; train tracks meant that engines would be around. 

No one's POV

Lily had been unseen for quite some time, so her mom went to check on her. Mom and dad looked everywhere inside and outside the house, but they couldn't find Lily anywhere. "Lily!" Mom called, "Lily!" Dad yelled. The parents were beginning to get frantic, where had Lily gone? Did something happen to her? "Are you sure we looked everywhere?" Grandpa asked, "Yes," mom said, "But she's no where to be seen!" Grandpa hugged Lily's parents, "don't worry, we'll find her." Mr. Stone was contemplating on where Lily could be. She wouldn't have sneaked off to Muffle Mountain without telling him...right?

Thomas's POV

I chuffed along my branch line as I thought about the conductor's whistle. "I wonder who the mystery conductor will be?" I thought, "Perhaps it will be a boy like Patch, or a girl like Lily. And I wonder how old this person will be? It is possible it may be a young person? Maybe even a teen? Well as long as they have the right stuff to help protect the railway, I suppose it doesn't really matter." I was huffing and puffing along to Natford Station, Percy was there, delivering the mail. "Hello, Thomas!" Percy peeped, "Hello Percy!" I peeped back. "Have you seen the new conductor yet?" Percy asked, "No, but I have been keeping an eye out for him or her" I said, just then, my wheels started to feel wobbly, they only wobbled when Diesel 10 was around. Just then, Percy and I gasped, Diesel 10 pulled up not that far away from us! "I'm afraid," Diesel 10 said, "None of you will be seeing any new conductor today!" Diesel 10 cackled his signature, frightening laugh. I couldn't believe it, Diesel 10 was back, and he wasn't any friendlier than the last time! "Diesel 10! What did you do this time!?" I demanded, Diesel 10 scoffed and said, "Nothing yet, but I'm gonna making sure that the new conductor will never be found! I'll be sure to make him or her disappear the moment I find whoever it may be!" Diesel 10 cackled as he rolled away. "You'll do no such thing, Diesel 10! I won't let you! Neither will Lady or Mr. Conductor! In fact, I'm going to fetch Mr. Conductor right now!" Diesel 10 just rolled his eyes and rambled down another track. I uncoupled from my coaches and rolled off down the tracks in front of me. "Where are you going to Thomas?" Percy called after me. "I have to find the new conductor before Diesel 10 does! Who knows what dirty tricks he could play on him or her if we don't do something!" I yelled. "But what about your coaches?" Percy asked, "The coaches can wait," I said. And with that, I quickly puffed away from Natford.

Lily's POV 

I had been walking for only an hour, but I was already getting hungry, "How can I be hungry after having dinner?!" I told myself. I guessed that I already burned off the dinner's energy by walking this far; and there was much more walking to come. Just then, I saw an orchard of apple trees, as well as a farmer who was picking the apples. I went up to him and asked, "Excuse me, sir, but who owns these apples?" "Why," he said, "These are free country apples, they are for the whole island to share!" I smiled as he picked a few apples for me. To my dismay, I only managed to fit six apples into my backpack, plus one more for my snack. I was going to ask the farmer to take me to Tidmouth Sheds, but he had already gotten into his truck and drove away after he gave me the apples. "Well," I told myself, "there's no use in waiting for him to come back. I'd better continue on my way." So I bit into my apple and savored every last bite as I continued my journey.

Thomas's POV

I was huffing and puffing as fast as I could, I just had to find Mr. Conductor! And fast! Just then, I saw him finishing a conversation with Junior. I didn't mean to interrupt whatever they were talking about, but the conductors had to know now! "Mr. Conductor! Mr. Conductor!" I yelled as I chuffed next to the conductors. Mr. C turned around and said, "Thomas, what's the matter?" "It's Diesel 10! He's back! And he's gonna try to find the new conductor before we do!" I said. "Uh oh" said Junior, "That's no good" "You don' think he's trying to go after Lady again...do you Mr. C?" I asked, Sure Diesel 10 has been really mischievous, but surely he's learned his lesson by now...right? With that in mind, I started to puff away as Mr. C said, "Where are you going, Thomas?" "I have to find the new conductor before Diesel 10 does!" I said as I pulled away from Tidmouth.