Thomas and the Magic Railroad 2: Lily's Return (part 4)

Lily's POV

I was tired of running! My legs felt like they were gonna cave in at any given moment. So I finally hid behind a tree, and sat down to catch my breath. Which was good, it not only gave me time to rest, but it also gave me time to contemplate on what I overheard from Diesel 10. I couldn't believe it at first, it took a moment or two to really sink in. I was a conductor! And not only was I lost on Sodor, but now Diesel 10 was after me! I just had to find some help, and I had to find it fast. Before that evil diesel had me in his metal clutches!

Burnett's POV

Me and Lady reached the end of the railroad. We flew through the buffers as the island of Sodor stretched out before me. Hills on the horizon rolled a lively green, flowers popped up here and there, and little bunny rabbits and deer were munching on them in a very hungry manner. We chuffed along the line looking for Lily when we heard a clank! Lady froze, we both knew who that was. I swiftly pulled Lady behind some bushes and closed her coal box so Diesel 10 wouldn't see Lady's steam. I cautiously looked through the bushes, it was indeed Diesel 10! I didn't have to guess why he was sneaking around the island. "Alrighty, Splodge, here's the plan: you two go guard the magic Railroad buffers, in case little miss meddlesome finds her way there. I'll look by the Meadow forest, I can imagine that she loves to hang out there with her favorite blue puffball." Diesel grinned evilly as he clanked his claw loudly. Its sound echoed across the valley. I felt Lady tremble, so I did my best to calm her down. Diesel 10 was after someone, but who? I desperately hoped that it wasn't Lily. "We need to find that Lily Stone!" Diesel 10 said. My heart felt like it just plunged off of the deep end! "then we'll have Burnett on his knees begging for mercy!" I was wrong, Diesel was after my own granddaughter! I could not have that, I had to find Lily, before Diesel 10 did. Carefully, I helped Lady to chuff quietly but quickly away from Diesel 10.

Lily's POV

I had been walking for three hours now, my feet were starting to kill me. But I knew I had to keep going.  Just then, I found myself walking through the meadow forest, I had finally found a place I remember being in! I danced around, even though my legs were exhausted. I was happy to be somewhere a bit more familiar. I plopped down on the grass and breathed it all in. I took a minute to take in my surroundings. I remember that close to a familiar grotto and windmill, Thomas and Lady had to cross over a viaduct to get away from Diesel 10. I knew that the bridge over the viaduct was close, I just didn't know which way it was. Just then, I saw a track heading to my left. I traced my way along the track until it led me to the viaduct bridge! I fist-bumped the air, I was so happy. I began to sprint across the bridge, but as soon as I was half way across, I heard the voice of Diesel 10! His voice gave me chills down my spine as I heard him, "Well hello Lily Stone! Remember me?" I looked behind me and gasped with terror, Diesel 10 was coming onto the bridge! His smirk grew wider as he inched closer. Diesel was blocking the back way, and there was no way I was about to jump off of the bridge! So that left me with only one way to go: forwards. Diesel 10 sped towards me, ready to snatch me out of the blue! "You can't get away this time!" Diesel 10 yelled, "You've got nowhere else to run!" Forgetting about the tiredness in my legs, I turned on my heel and ran across the bridge as fast as I could. I heard Diesel 10 cackling right behind me. The pressure, the burning tired legs, the cackling evil diesel behind me, nowhere to turn, nowhere else to run! It was all too much! Finally I let all of my frustration out, "SOMEBODY HELP ME!"

Thomas's POV: 

I was puffing towards the viaduct bridge, remembering the time when Lady and I beat Diesel 10 over the bridge. I stifled a slight giggle thinking about how the naughty diesel fell down the viaduct and landed in a smelly boat. I was extremely worried about the new conductor though, so I focused on the mission and kept moving. "Come one new conductor," I said to myself, "Where are you?" Just then as if my question answered itself, I heard a girl yell "Somebody help me!" My firebox froze as I heard a maniacal cackle. I recognized both voices, the person who was yelling for help was obviously Lily. And that undeniable cackle could only have come from Diesel 10! "I'm coming, Lily!" I yelled as I puffed towards her voice. I would have to worry about the new conductor in a sec, Lily needed my help! As I turned a corner, I saw her running across the bridge with Diesel 10 close behind her. His large metal claw just mere feet away from snatching her! I was only gonna get one chance to get her before Diesel10, we had to cross tracks. I quickly puffed across the the opposite track from Diesel 10.  I blew my whistle as loud as I could to get Lily's attention. "PEEEEP! PEEEEP!" Lily waved at me, so luckily it worked. I whooshed across the track, and Lily hopped into my cab at the last second. I quickly puffed away towards Tidmouth sheds. "Are you alright Lily?! I heard you calling for help and I came as fast as I could!" I said, looking backwards trying to spot Lily in there. "I'm okay now, thanks to you buddy" Lily said as she hung her head out of the cabin door. She smiled at me, and I smiled right back.