A lot of Explaining

Ms. Greyson

I've been seeing more monsters lately. I never used to see them much. I'm a daughter of Athena, yes, but I don't usually get much attention from the monsters. But ever since the school year started I've seen them. Hellhounds, dracanae, cyclops, and even a empusa. Most ignore me. Others don't even give me a glance. There are the select few who decide that I'm good enough for a meal and attack but they haven't gotten lucky yet.
     There must be another half blood at school. Either they don't know who they are or they do. I am really hoping for the latter. If they get in monster trouble it could end very, very, badly.

     "Ms. Greyson can you help me with this?" Asks one of my students, Sage. I think she could be a demigod. Sage does have a little adhd but she does not have Dyslexia to my knowledge. I have my eyes on another girl. Her name is Hazel. She has Dyslexia. I'm pretty sure she has adhd too but she seems so sweet and innocent i don't know.

As I was walking towards my school from the parking lot I saw something strange. In the small patch of lawn I saw something I couldn't quite comprehend. I saw Hazel and a monster that I couldn't remember the name of. But that's wasn't the weird part. I couldn't quite tell where she was. She would appear on one side then the next second be standing on the other using her weird technique and sword. At least I had never seen anything like it. I should have helped her but she clearly had it under control. Within minutes there was nothing but the yellow remains of the monster.

"Hazel? Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked, as she came in to my classroom.
"Sure."
"I saw you outside the school this morning. Fighting that monster." A look of alarm spread across her face.
"What do you mean?"
"I'm one of you. We will talk later after school.

A few moments after the dismissal bell rang Hazel was in my classroom.
"So you are a demigod." Hazel says.
"Yes, I am a child of Athena." I say proudly.
"When was the last time you were at camp?" She asked.
I hesitated. " I don't know exactly how long, but it's been a long time."
"Okay, I'm definitely not the best person to explain this but a lot has changed. I'm not Greek. I am a Roman demigod."
Roman. I did not see that coming. I didn't know what to say so I just said, "Talk."
"Well do you know what the second titan war is?"
Second war? What did I miss? "No"
"Again I'm not the best person to explain this but Kronos had risen and tried to take over again. On the Greek side a boy named Percy Jackson a son of Poseidon."
"Poseidon? What about the pact?" I interrupted.
"He wasn't supposed to have been born. But Zeus didn't hold up his end either."
"So Hades was the only one that held up his end?"
"Well technically yes. But as I was saying Percy and another demigod a girl named Annabeth. She is a daughter of Athena too. They had a bunch of quest and stuff before this but they were the ones that led the war and they won. Percy made the gods promise to claim their kids by the age of thirteen and to give the minor gods recognition. That's about as much as I know about the Greeks side."
"When did this happen?"
"Like not this past summer, that was a different war, but the one before that."
"What about the Romans?"
"They didn't know it but they were working together. While all of that was happening in New York the romans were being led by Jason Grace a son of Jupiter, Roman Zeus, and Reyna, daughter of Bellona. They stormed the titan base in California which is where our camp is located."
"Where were you?" I asked.
"Not important."
"We thought everything was going to be fine, you know? We won a war. We didn't know about the Greeks yet. Then Jason went missing. We didn't know it but Jason was sent to camp half blood. He went on a quest with two others to free Hera. At the same time Percy was sent to come with us. Me Percy and Frank went in a quest to Alaska to free Thanatos. Then came back and fought a battle. I forgot, their memories were wiped so they couldn't remember anything but their names. Well Percy remembered Annabeth but that's it."
"Why did he remember her?"
"I don't know. They were dating. They went through some stuff."
"Poseidon and Athena? Their children?" I laughed.
"Yeah."
"You mentioned something about a different war?"
"Yes. The giants. Remember the quest with Percy and Jason? That was the beginning. We all went on a quest to Rome and then Greece. Percy and Annabeth went to Tartarus and we closed the doors of death. Then we fought giants with the gods then Zeus slapped our ship back to camp half blood and we fought monsters."
"Did you say they went to Tartarus? And they survived?"
"Ya. So did my brother, Nico."
I sat there in stunned silence. Hazel looked at me in sympathy as I take it all in.
"I forgot, Annabeth went on a quest by herself to rescue the Athena Parthenos, she tricked Arachne. Remember Reyna? Her and my brother Nico, along with coach hedge, our faun, I'm sorry satyr guide transported it back to New York in order to unite the camps."
"That's a lot." I say dumbfounded.
"I'm sorry that story was everywhere."
"No its okay, I think it's time I visit camp."