Our Next Mission

"So... Does he always look so angry?" I looked up at Danse, his face set straight ahead, but occasionally he had glanced at me.

"Elder Maxson has a lot of weight on his shoulders. It's understandable if he always appears disgruntled."

So I guess that's a yes...

Danse had finished showing me all of the upper deck, and as we were heading back, he stopped by a room. It was pristine, the bed neatly made and well-cared for furniture placed in the corners of the room, there was even a small space for a bathroom and closet.

"Damn, this is the cleanest room I've seen in a while. Is it mine?" I asked, false hope fluttering inside me.

"No, it's mine. But the soldier occupying your room has yet to move her stuff out. Until she's fully cleaned it out, you're staying here." He got a little quieter as he ended the sentence, I looked over and I couldnt see his face, but his ears were a slight shade of red. I smiled, it was fun seeing him like that.

"I can't say I don't like those conditions. too bad I can't stay here, I'm sure you'd make a great cuddle buddy."

Danse sputtered, clearly at a loss for words, I giggled and simply walked away, Danse slowly following behind.

We climbed down the ladder and entered the Elder's room, everything shaded orange and red from the dusk sky.

"You're back. That took quite a long time. Y/n, I'm sure you're aware of the soldier inhabiting your quarters, she should be gone in a day or two. As for the both of you, tomorrow morning I want you both sent to Fort Strong which is infested with Super Mutants. Not only does having those disgusting creatures so close to the prydwen physically sicken me, allowing them to dwell upon militia history and ammo is absolutely disgraceful. I want them all eradicated quickly but carefully. They sit upon a throne if ammunition. Understand?"

We nodded, "Ad Victoriam." And saluted before turning in to our quarters. I took a good look around Danse's room, no personal pictures or anything, boy... what a hermit.

"Feel free to take a shower, soldier." Danse stated, there was a tiny station to hold his power armor beside his bed, I never noticed it before. As he stepped out of his armor, I had to stifle a laugh, he wore a ridiculous Brotherhood onesie that really outlined his muscles, but it also outlined his butt and... other parts.

"Is something wrong?" He was genuinely confused, I finally laughed and shook my head.

"Everything's fine, Bubble Butt."

He stared at me and his eyes widened, face flushed and realizing what I meant.

I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. Taking in a good look at everything, I smiled and sighed. Oh hell yeah, I am definitely going to enjoy this.

"If I'm not out in 30 minutes, come in and wake me up." I didnt hear a response, but I didnt care, I was more focused on having a hot, clean bath for the first time in five years.

I turned the water on, and not long after, the steam began to fill the room. I slipped out of my clothes from today and slid into the tub, I wanted to melt immediately, but I decided it'd be best to wash now and relax later. I scrubbed the grime off my body, out from under my nails and out of my hair, by then, I was completely exhausted, five years of cleaning in 15 minutes. I closed my eyes and leaned back, the water wasnt as hot as it was initially, but still felt amazing. I was almost asleep when a sturdy knock made me jump, stirring the water.

"Jesus fuck," I muttered. "What!?"

The door creaked open. "You told me to wake you if you didnt leave in 30. It's been 45!"