Our Next Mission (2)

I ran past all the other rooms, my feet echoing lightly throughout the steel frame, and slid down the ladder. I ran into the door leading outside and slammed my foot into it.

"Fuck!" I grunted and shoved door open. Sure enough, there was Codsworth, hovering near one of the landing strips. His head rotated when he heard the door open.

"Ah, mum! Did you enjoy your tour?" I was breathing heavy and shuffled towards him. I placed my upper body on his head, relief filling my heart.

"God, Codsworth, I'm so glad you didn't float off the blimp." I sighed, his metal was cold from standing in the freezing air all night.

"Of course not mum! I was built with a pristine sense of balance! However I'm not allowed in, since I'm a robot with no Brotherhood protocol."

I looked over at the two guarding the door, it was a different pair, but they weren't going to let Codsworth in.

"Are you going to be okay, Codsworth? Being out here for the night, I mean?"

"Of course, mum! It's cold out tonight, you best head inside and rest up!"

I smiled and cupped one of his eyes and told him goodnight before turning towards the door. One of the guards eyed me warily. "Head back to your quarters, Initiate."

I didnt bother looking at him, "Gee, I was really hoping to stare at the door for another hour or two." And opened the door.

I made my way in to Danse's room and found him on the couch, which had been fully extended so he had a little more room. He was turned over so I couldn't see his face, but I assumed he was dozing off already, and didn't want to risk waking him. I tiptoed over towards the lamp, turned it off, and slid into the bed; it was cold and I felt small compared to it.

I looked once more over at Danse's figure on the couch, it hadn't moved. Huffing, I flipped the covers over my head, immediately covered in warmth and drifted into sleep.

"See, Shaun? Mommy's not going far, she's right here."

Shaun. My sweet baby. He must be tired from his nap. I love it when he looks at me, he has the most beautiful eyes, his mother's eyes.

I held Nate's arm, he's so cold. Why is he so cold? I looked up at Nate but he wasn't there. It was someone else, who the hell is he? Why does he have Shaun?

I reached for Shaun but I was blocked. Glass? I'm... in a pod. Where? When did I get in a pod?

The man... wait no that's a different man, where did the other one go? Why does he have Shaun? He's giving him to someone in a hazmat suit. I yelled but there was no sound. I tried to beat on the glass but it felt like I was under water.

He was looking at me. Smiling. He had a scar, on the side of his face. A long scar, familiar. He opened his mouth to say something.

An alarm blared.

"Gah!" I jumped, my heart jumping with me. I was frantic, looking around the room

I was back in Danse's room, he was already gone and the couch was back in it's regular position. The blaring was his alarm. It was 5 AM.

Groggily, I got up and got clothes ready to change, and went to the bathroom. There was a cup with a toothbrush on it, but I wasn't sure if it was mine. Instead I just took the brush out and rinsed my mouth with water from the sink in the cup and then went to change clothes. I walked out of the room and heard chattering from the bar, there I see Danse talking to a knight, he was already in power armor. The memories from last night  hit me.