Prologue

Authors note: This story is a work of fiction, nothing less, nothing more. The relationship in this story is TOXIC, I want to make it clear that I am NOT promoting toxic relationships and that if you're in one, then please find help and get out as quickly as possible. This story is purely for my own pleasure. Please DO NOT leave RUDE comments. I WILL mute you if you do. If you do not like this story politely leave, it's not for everyone and I'd appreciate if you were respectful and mindful of what you say.

Also the main boy character Elliot WILL make you angry at times (most of the time) so beware. This is your warning. If you don't like him please don't comment you hate him. I get it I do but it's discouraging and makes me not want to write.

With that being said, I hope you enjoy and I'm so beyond thankful you decided to give my story a shot!

P.s. All rights are reserved so if you find somebody trying to copy or plagiarize my story please tell me!

**Comments and votes are greatly appreciated**

Dependent On You

Prologue

Third Person

Adrian Taylors is her name. Adrian turned age four in August and was attending her first day of pre-k today. She was not the least bit thrilled about it either. You see Adrian was a severely shy girl who suffered from separation anxiety. Her mother was her safety net.

One time Adrian's mother tried to drop her off at the babysitters and little Adrian threw a crying fit. She clung to her mother's leg and held on for dear life. She would not let her mother leave her there even if it was only for a few hours. The thought of her mother not being by her side to make her feel safe, terrified her.

It's not that Adrian purposely acted this way, she was born this way.

It wasn't her fault.

She was one of a kind her father would say. It's okay to be different he would tell her. Adrian's father always knew how to make little Adrian feel better. He would turn her negatives into positives.

The morning of Adrian's first day of school was not a bright one. Her mother woke her up and got her ready in Adrian's favorite striped turtleneck and Dora vest. Her mother combed her straight blonde hair all the while Adrian sat miserably holding her soft purple blanket.

Adrian did not like her hair touched, that's why it was only combed straight. That purple blanket she was holding, she brought it everywhere never leaving it behind. For some reason she was drawn to it and loved it even though it was nothing special. Well it was special to her.

There used to be a small silk outline around the blanket but when she was younger her mother cut it off. Still Adrian loved it, and slept with it every night.

After eating, brushing Adrian's teeth, and putting on Adrian's sneakers they were ready to wait for the afternoon bus. She was going to be attending afternoon pre-k for only half a day. But to Adrian that was too long to be away from her safety net.

Her mother packed her little purple blanket into her character book bag, she thought if Adrian had it with her she would feel better.

To soon the big yellow school bus came. Any other child would usually walk right onto the bus no problem and have their parents buckle them in. But not Adrian, she refused to go on that horrible bus.

She began to cry, little Adrian hugged her mom so tight in fear. Her mother tried to usher her onto the bus but Adrian would not budge. Her little hands fisted her mother's jeans, her head hid behind her mother's legs so the bus couldn't see her.