Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Third Person

"I'm fine," She said softly. "It doesn't hurt."

Elliot hated the way those words interweaved into his ears and dispelled the aggravation that's been bugging him enough that he couldn't even shut his eyes and sleep to make it go away. He hated the way her terrified tears were etched into his mind and he couldn't for the life of him stop seeing them. He hated how her pain struck him with whiplash-like speed lacerating his insides so he couldn't forget for a second the way he hurt her. He hated that she was making him feel this way.

Most of all he hated this tangible effect she had on him.

Tucking her book The Mist into her book bag, Elliot brought his relieved eyes to her crystal blue ones. He would never admit he enjoyed the book or that he liked and read most of Stephen King's work. Nor would he ever admit he fancied seeing every line she highlighted just because she liked it, or the way she wrote notes in the margin. He enjoyed reading her thoughts, knowing the parts of her she reserved from everyone else were parts he read, parts he knew and analyzed. Those parts of her were his.

"Turn around."

She opened her peachy pale lips, ready to question him as she always does. Instead of waiting for her to listen to him, Elliot took it upon himself to grab hold of her shoulders and rotate her body, so her back was facing him. He then gripped the bottom of her graphic tee and began to inch it up with his rough cool fingers, not caring they were still in an open school hallway where anyone wondering could see. "Elliot wha—" Always so many fucking questions.

"Be quiet before you draw attention." He calmly hissed cutting her off as he examined the light soft skin of her back, tracing his pointer finger up her spine watching her shiver, searching for any injuries. Her skin was softer than any other girls' skin he's touched. She did indeed shut her pretty mouth, listening magnificently. When he concluded no injuries were found nor visible, he watched and listened to her breathe a little heavier for a moment longer, taking pleasure in the way she reacted to him.

Finally, he dropped her shirt, leaning in close, brushing her blonde hair away from her ear. "I want to get the fuck out of here." He whispered lazily, inhaling her innocent scent of vanilla and rich honeycomb. "Do you want to get the fuck out of here, Adrian?" He felt the rose warm heat radiate off her skin at his closeness, a frolic to him which brought a grin to his buttery smooth lips. He prejudiced how fucking riveting she was.

He soaked up her reaction he was receiving, a shaky breath, the curl of her fingers into her palms, the nervous bite of her bottom lip. "Yes—no, I'm a-already going to b-be in big trouble." She sputtered, trying to convince herself she didn't want to, but he knew she was only lying to herself and he knew she detested this place as much as he did. It was a matter of breaking the rules, she was such a fucking goodie too-shoes, but that made breaking the rules that much more gratifying. "My parents—"

Ahhh there it is, her parents are no doubt going to hear about her detention, and she didn't want to be even worse and skip on top of that. "Aren't here." He finished for her, bringing his mouth to her neck, wanting to leave another beautiful mark. She gasped at the unexpected contact, only enhancing his satisfaction as he sucked and after nibbled on her sweet-tasting skin. She fumbled to say something but couldn't find the right words as her neck tilted sideways. He pulled away, examining his work before placing a kiss on the small purple patch he left. "Let's go sunshine, we've got places to go and things to do."

Grabbing her small hand, he intertwined it with his and began trekking towards the nearest exit. "We c-can't Elliot."

He didn't even spare her a glance. "We certainly can." Her protests wouldn't change his mind, they never did. Hearing her attempts though amused him immensely, she only said them to make herself feel better. Realistically speaking, Elliot knew Adrian fancied their outings, at least she did after she got over the whole nervous 'someones going to find out' thing. She had yet to object again probably because she was fumbling to keep up with his pace and was waiting for them to stop, knowing he wouldn't listen.