6: Finding the pyramid

"He was a big old snake, wasn't he?" Misty seemed pleased.

"How do you measure a snake? In inches, because they don't have feet."

"Alright, Sprout, it was funny..."

But not that funny

"...But not that funny." I high-fived Pip, even though I knew Sprout wouldn't stop with his terrible jokes.

"It was kind of the snake to show us the way," Candi said.

"Dude, are you okay?" Bud asked.

"Yeah, now that I've found Rainbow. Why wouldn't I be?" He looked surprised.

"Yeah, why wouldn't you be? Apart from the fact you've just been Bellydancing all over the place." Pip laughed.

"And you grew about ten meters. Sideways." Sprout added.

Dude turned to me: "What are they talking about, Jenny?"

"It was the curse. It seems to be affecting us all in very different ways."

"Anyway, we should get a move on before any more of us succumb to the curse," Bud stated.

I was about to start walking when I noticed Sprout. He had that same trance-like look that Misty had had when she was under the curse.

"What are you doing? You look so stupid?"

Well, now you know how silly you looked, Misty.

It was Misty's turn next.

Serves you right for making fun of Sprout.

"Serves you right for making fun of Sprout. Now, what I think we should do is-" Dude never finished talking.

"Dude?"

"Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, the mummy must be getting closer. What are we going to do?" Candi had a point.

"Well, we could start an Egyptian dance group." Pip laughed.

"OR we could get a move on. The cobra said to go in this direction." Bud told us. We started walking until Rainbow started barking again.

"What is it, Rainbow?" Dude asked.

"He says Candi is right. The mummy is getting closer." Bud stated.

"But where's the pyramid, Misty? Where's the tomb?" Candi asked.

"I don't know. I'm getting fed up of all this." Well, it's your fault. "Can't we just leave the orb somewhere and hope old crusty finds it?"

Those must have been magic words since when Misty said them, there was a cloud of green smoke and the entrance to one of the pyramids opened. No one else seemed to notice, but I could see that we had been standing next to it the whole time.

"Magnificent Manifestations."

It's awesome!

"It's awesome." Pip voiced my opinion.

"Pretty nice GAF."

"Misty, you need to put the orb back," Dude said.

"Right where you found it," Pip added.

"...Guys, I've lost it. Oh well, let's go home then."

It's in your hand.

"Misty, it's in your hand."

"So it is. Thanks, Mimi."

"You must return the Orb to its rightful owner before any more of us succumb to the curse," Bud told her.

"Yes. The mummy will have no trouble catching us then," Candi spoke.

"You need to put the orb back exactly where you found it." Dude tried again.

"And get out of there as quickly as possible." Pip nodded.

"Alright, leave it to me." Misty started walking towards the entrance but turned back within seconds. "Hey, gang: Anyone wanna come with me?"

No one answered, and no one moved.

"Honestly, you guys are such Scaredy-cats. I'm not scared of a dusty crusty old mummy."

Get on with it, Misty.

"Hurry up, then. We'll be right here if you need us," Dude told her, clearly losing his patience.

I was getting sick of this journey. I turned my attention to my phone, scanning for any pokemon that might have been around. Just as I was about to catch a Pikachu, my favourite, a yell from Pip caught my attention.

"Misty?"

"Guys?!" I looked back to see that the doors had shut. There was no sign of Misty.  The creepy laughter was not helping my nerves at this point.

Misty's voice sounded closer, as though she was near us. Speak of the devil: she just ran right past me. But this time, she wasn't alone. She was being chased by who I could only assume was the mummy of Tutonra.