Back to my roots

It's been a week. 7 days. 168 hours. 10,080 minutes. 694,800. 801. 802. 803 seconds.
But it feels like a lifetime.

There's been a lot of crying and keeping busy. I only left the house to go to the shops. I did write a song though. That's my accomplishment.

I always found peace in sitting down and letting my fingers skim over the chords. Adding lyrics and creating a song. It's something that still astonishes me. A skill i'm lucky to have acquired. I have fond memories of my dad playing the guitar while I sang along with my mum.

So here I am at 3am sitting in my old room. The only source of light streaming in from the bathroom. I'm curled up on the window seat, one foot dangling out of the window. It's a peaceful night yet I can't sleep. I begin to play the chords that i've familiarised myself with over the last few days. I silently hum along. Then gradually give in to the urge to sing along.

"Da da da da

The smell of your skin lingers on me now
I need some shelter of my own protection, baby
To be with myself and center clarity, peace, serenity

I hope you know, I hope you know
It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Big girls don't cry

The path that I'm walking I must go alone
I must take the baby steps 'til I'm full grown, full grown
Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they?
And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay

I hope you know, I hope you know
It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry

But it's time for me to go home
It's getting late and dark outside
I need to be with myself and center clarity, peace, serenity

La da da da da da"

I placed my guitar beside me and just looked at the stars. That song really applied to all of this and I guess it's the one good thing I can take out of this whole experience. I have a few memories but they're just too painful so i'll do what I do best and just block it out.

I'm leaving in a few hours. Starting over. I can just forget all of this........i'm just hoping it will be that simple.

A creek made my head snap towards the door. I silently walked towards my bed and picked up the baseball bat that I always had for protection. I slowly made my way downstairs, letting my eyesight adjust to the darkness before making a move.

Due to my lack of sight i'm fully dependant on my other senses. I feel weight shift to my right. I held my breath in order to see if I could feel or hear their breathing. I can. I'm 100% certain so with all my force I swing the bat to the right and come into contact with someone. I don't have a lot of time so I run to the switch and turn the light on. The body now becomes completely visible.

It's a man about 6"1 with blondish hair. I slowly approached him. Not making any sudden movement or loud noises. I thought he was unconscious but I heard him groan so I sped up. I used my foot to roll him over and firmly place my foot on his throat. Not applying pressure.....yet.

When he opened his eyes I was shocked.
"Holy Shit Lexi. Well at least I know you can handle yourself. Fuck that hurts. Nice swing."

I backed up and dropped the bat. No, no, no. How did he find me.

"Zach what the hell are you doing here? How did you find me?"

He slowly stood up before ignoring all my questions.
"Luke is a complete mess. Worse than he was 5 months ago and that was bad. All he's been doing is drinking and using his Alpha voice to command our warriors to fight him. He's not eating and the only time he sleeps is when he passes out. The entire pack is in chaos and we might get attacked."