Chapter 18

This was it. It was time for the first show. Madison Square Garden. I could not believe that I was even here let alone a part of it. In just under an hour, twenty thousand people would be in here. Not just tonight either, the show tomorrow was sold out too. I was just staring at the empty arena in awe.

I couldn't understand how Harry could do it. Especially knowing it was going to be recorded for millions to see when it was finished.

The HBO crew had been getting some video of the behind the scenes. Harry greeting fans, doing his warm ups and horsing around. I wondered if I would be in it at all. I was in some of the footage I knew that but wasn't sure if it would be used. I tried not to be in it but Harry and I just gravitated towards each other making it hard to avoid.

"Penelope. You're needed in the green room." Another assistant, I think Rene was her name, said tapping me on the shoulder, lifting me from my thoughts.

"Sorry. Coming." I turned and followed her.

"I'm Reina by the way. We haven't officially met yet." Reina. That was a different name. Pretty though, it fit her.

"Hi Penelope. Nice to meet you."

She smiled at me with a knowing look as we continued to walk. "I know. You're kind of famous on this tour ya know?"

"Why does everyone keep saying that? What are people saying about me? Can you please tell me?" I stopped and grabbed her arm gently.

She shook her head. "Oh no, no nothing bad at all I promise. Jim rants about how smart you are and Harry...Harry is like a different person on this tour. He's..happy."

I let out a breath of relief. "Oh. Good. What do you mean about Harry though? I mean he's told me he can be a jerk sometimes but is he really that bad?"

She laughs and we start to walk again. "No he's fine he just sometimes is short and like shuts down. Just gets in these funks. It's only been a short time but he would have already had some by now, especially with this show. You're the reason he hasn't."

I nod letting the words sink in.

"So...please don't be offended but it's all anyone can talk about..."

"No we aren't together. We're just friends. I had to sign something so definitely not."

She stopped. "You had to sign that too? I thought I was the only one!"

We both laughed. "Nope. One of the first things I had to sign." I said and started walking again.

"Ha. Me too. Guess they think Harry is like a vagina whisperer or something."

We burst out laughing and continued on. I really liked Reina. I was looking forward to hanging out with her more.

***
The show was incredible. Better than Boston. The energy and the crowd was like nothing I have ever seen. It was so loud, they sang every word to every song, even the single Harry just put out.

Harry came off the stage with an excitement that was contagious. Everyone was high-fiving and cheering.

When Harry spotted me, he ran to me and scooped me up in his arms and twirled me around as we laughed and yelled cheered together. When he put me down I looked around to see people smiling at us. There was no hint of people gossiping, just pure joy.