PAINFULLY SORROW: chapter one

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS! CHAPTER ONE IS COMING EARLY.

"hey, y/n. it's mike... mike hanlon." the man, mike, had said. y/n rolled her eyes, thinking it was a prank caller. but then a wave of confusion went over her. the name sounded familiar, but she couldn't quite put her finger on where she had heard the name.

then she remembered.

mike.

derry.

it.

"it is back, you and richie need to come home," he said seriously. y/n nodded her head like mike could actually see her.

"we'll be there." she hesitantly said into the phone.

for a few minutes, they discussed where they were going to meet up at in derry. y/n booked herself and richie a hotel room after the call had ended.

...

y/n had just finished packing her's, richie's, and the twin's overnight bag and put them in the back of her red 2013 toyota camery. she got into her car, turned it on, then made her way to the local school.

"shit!" she mentally cursed. "what the fuck am i going to tell the kids?"

as y/n drove to her kids' elementary school, she practiced out what she was going to tell her kids.

"what is 'hey kiddos! just wanted to tell that your dad and i have to go back to our hometown and possibly never see you again!' in kid-terms?" y/n muttered aloud.

before y/n knew it, she was at the school. she parked her car in the front, then went inside.

...

the mother and twins walked outside, towards the camry.

"why are we leaving early, mom?" harley asked, looking up at her mom.

"daddy and i have some things we need to handle out-of-town," she said softly to the girl, looking down at harley and jacob.

"can we come with you?" the boy, jacob, asked as they reached the car.

"no, kiddo." y/n sadly answered. they all got into the car, and y/n turned the engine on. "you'll be staying with kameron's family. it'll only be for a few days, i promise." she spoke sweetly, looking in the rear-view mirror at her beautiful kids.

why was y/n even doing this? more importantly, why was letting the literal love of her life do this, and possibly never seeing the most important things to them ever again? despite barely even remembering this 'it' thing, she knows that she put her life in danger to save not only herself and her friends but the seemingly-cursed town of derry, maine.

"will we get to see daddy before we leave?" harley asked from the backseat of the car, looking out the front window at the road and cars ahead of them.

"we're actually going to pick him up now," y/n answered, quickly looking back at her daughter before putting her eyes back on the road. she reached for the increase volume button on the steering wheel as stay by safetysuit came on the radio.

taking one last glance back at the kids in the rear-view mirror, she soon began to drown in her thoughts.

...

"thank you, again, yolanda." y/n gratefully said to her friend. "i'll call you when we get to derry."

"it's no problem!" yolanda said back with a warm smile. "have a safe trip, you guys."

"i sure as hell hope it's safe," richie semi-joked. she back-handed his chest, quietly chuckling as she glanced over at him

"ignore him," y/n said, looking back to yolanda. yolanda smiled a little more, letting out a little laugh before moving out of the doorway so the twins can come and give their parents love.

y/n bent down, hugging both of the twins at the same time. she squeezed them gently, savoring the moment.

"i guess now we all know who the favourite parent is," richie joked, keeping his hands in his pockets and admiring y/n and the kids. almost immediately, the kids left y/n and ran to their dad and wrapped their arms around his waist. the two kids squeezed him as if they were holding onto him for dear life. he crouched down a little bit, then properly hugging harley and jacob.

now it was y/n's turn to admire as she stood up. after a minute, she saw richie pat the kids' backs, then they all three pulled away simultaneously.

the parents and kids said their final 'i love you's' and 'goodbye's,' then richie and y/n left.

richie and y/n got into red camry and drove off once the kids and yolanda went inside the house.

"rich, can i ask you something and you give me a serious answer?" y/n asked, looking over at her silly husband.

"it's damn near impossible, but yes." richie joked, trying to lighten the mood a little bit. he could essentially hear y/n roll her eyes before she asked the question.

"do you think we'll get to see our kids again?" she asked, keeping her eyes on him.

"truthfully," richie started, reaching for y/n's hand to comfort her a little bit. "i don't know."

...

"it's like pure f-f-f..." bill stuttered, trying to get the word out.

"fear." mike finished. "it's fear."

"why do we all f-feel like that, mike?" bill asked, stuttering yet again.

"perfect fucking question, bill." y/n said right before mike answered.

"you remember something we don't, don't you, mike?"

after a few moments of silence, mike answered. "something happens when you leave this town... the farther away, the hazier it gets." he answered. "for me, i never left. i remember all of it."

"pennywise..." beverly muttered. instantly, the table shook. everyone jumped back in their chairs as they listened to a shaky sound.

the fortune cookies.

a cookie jumped out of the bowl. bev screamed, and everybody stood up. the fortune cookie shattered, and out came a... well, it was something, that's for damn sure.

richie put his arm out in front of y/n to keep her behind him.

"what in the fuck is that, man?!" richie asked, using his other arm to point at the baby-headed-flying-spider looking thing.

the thing crawled quickly towards mike, and he frantically pulled his chair in front of him while also backing away even more.

suddenly, three more fortune cookies magically jumped out of the bowl. the one facing richie and y/n cracked open, and it was an eyeball.

"hey, that fortune cookie is looking at me!" richie shouted, moving backwards with y/n.

"jesus fucking christ, kill it!" y/n shouted.

everything happened so fast, y/n didn't even know what the fuck was happening. one second, she sees a LITERAL EYEBALL crawling towards her, and the next thing she knows sizzling hot black goop is coming out from the bowl of fortune cookies, and there's one-winged bats and other forms of bullshit flying around the room.

the hot good began to cover up the little fortunes that were in the normal fortune cookies that read:

guess stanley could not cut it.