cuatro

It was a Friday, it had been two months since her brother's passing.

Ray's mom was starting to deteriorate as each day went by. Everytime Ray tried to speak to her, she got the same old response.

"Nova- Ray, baby momma is tired."
It was a sad sight to see, and it was something Ray saw on an everyday basis.

It was the end of the school day and Some how another Ashantè ended up talking Ray into going to a house party with her after school.

"Now are you sure that your mom is going to let you stay the night at my house?"
Ray nodded, knowing good and well that at this point, her mom barely noticed that she was gone or at home.

"Ok, well let's go. We need to go pick up an outfit for this party!"
Ashantè was that over the top, ghetto boujee chick. She always had her lace fronts, fried, dyed, and laid to the side. Her clothes were always fitted to her slender body.

Where as Ray was her polar opposite, she was quite and shy. Her hair was either always in box braid or in a slick back ponytail. But on special occasions she would get her a couple bundles installed. She could dress her ass off, she was taught by her brother. But her clothes weren't that revealing. She was a girly tomboy to say the least.

"I don't think I need to get anything, I can wear some jeans and a tee-shirt. I don't need to impress anybody. Just wanna get fucked up."
Ray had begun smoking and occasionally drinking. She was heading down the wrong path and she just knew that Tae was frowning down on her. But it was her method of self healing. She had no one to speak to so she medicated herself with weed and Hennessy.

"Girl, no! You too thick to be hiding bitch. And hell yeah we gone get fucked up tonight."
Ray didn't reply, just enjoyed the ride to the mall.

They pulled up to the mall, Ray got out of the car as Ashantè turned the car off. They walked in with their arms linked.

"What store first?"
Ray asked? Ashantè looked around for a bit.

"Forever 21 and then White's."
Ray nodded and walked inside if Rue21.

○○○○

At Ashantè's house they began to assemble their outfits. Ray chose a pair of white biker shorts and a over sized yellow, black and white graphic tee which she would tin up in the back to expose some skin. Ashantè choose a skin tight dress with a  tie dye pattern on it.

"Ok now let's get freshened up and dressed."
Ray grabbed her outfit and her shower toiletries, then headed to off to Ashantè's second bathroom.

Adjusting the water to her desired temperature she pressed play on her phone and hopped in.

"I just wanna wake up to the suns and Saint Laurent
Hundred thousand dollars on the fronts and the blunts
I just wanna wake up on goodbye, only I
Out in the Rolls that's rented, windows tinted
We got a big spendin', big spendin'
I'ma get back on my feet, give me a minute
I'ma feel this in my thighs, like evenin' it
Young summer, young summer, give me a minute"

She scrubbed her body down with a with a lavender scented body wash.

"Sun down, wind chimes
Break it down, one line, a line
Can't no see me, no flex, be kind
Dollars never show up on CP time."

She scrubbed and rinsed about a 5 more times before cutting the water off and stepping out. Infront of the mirror she traced over her strech marks in her stomach and thighs. She didn't like her body. And she grew to hate it.

I'm too fat.

She tried to shake the thoughts off but failed. She continued to dry off her body and apply lotion to her skin. After she was completely moisturized she placed her clothes on. Her biker shorts made her butt look extra fat and she liked them. She tied her shirt up in the back so it wouldn't cover her butt.

Gathering her things she walked back to Ashantè's room and put it back into her over night bag. She laced up her yellow and black Jordan 1's. She brushed her curly hair up into a top knot and placed a pair of silver hoops in. She was debating on wearing a pair of Ashantè's lashes or not. She chose not to.

Ashantè came walking into the room with her too tight dress on, that hugged her slim body so tight that she had a little bit of curves that night.
"See baby, that's what I'm talking about! You look good!"
Ashantè gassed her up as she began to flat iron her waist length sew in.

"Thanks."
She smiled and applied lip gloss to her full plump lips.

Ashantè finished up her look for the night and slipped on her all white Air Force Ones. They were ready.

"Let's go."
Ashantè grabbed her keys.

"Ok."