I wanna see Karen

It was Saturday morning. Six am. Kenny and Craig sat in the closet, the small boxed in room illuminated by the Christmas lights above. A dozen small stacks of playing cards lay in the space on the floor between them, and each boy had a handful.

"Got any... sevens?" Kenny tried, peeking over his deck hopefully.

Craig arched an eyebrow at him. "We're playing stress."

"Oh... that explains why you keep winning. I've never heard of this game in my life."

Craig rolled his eyes, and laid his cards down. "Are you good for anything?"

Kenny leaned over the cards, and nuzzled into Craig's chest. "I'm good for one thing," he said flirtatiously. Craig smiled, and brushed his hand through Kenny's blond locks. It was only last night that they got caught up in their first makeout session. Nothing serious happened. Craig's mom knocked on the door, and Kenny practically threw himself into the closet before Craig allowed her in. Then she talked to him about doing laundry, and a discussion about Mr. Tucker's underwear needing bleached was enough to kill the mood for both of them.

They just went to bed after that.

"Come here," Craig said, sounding more annoyed than anything, but the smile on his face was enough to tell that he was teasing. Kenny pressed his lips against Craig's, but was taken by surprise when Craig flipped him and pinned him to the closet floor.

"Feeling a little feisty this morning?" Kenny smirked.

"Shut up," Craig laughed, and continued to kiss him. Kenny's lips parted, and Craig took the opportunity to slip his tongue inside. He'd never kissed anyone like this before. His heart was racing, and his fingertips trembled slightly, as he caressed the side of Kenny's cheek.

Kenny's hand pressed against Craig's chest, but then slowly began to trail down. He waited for Craig to stop him, but he didn't. He didn't pull away, or smack his hand, or anything.

"Craig? Where are you?"

Kenny immediately threw Craig to the side, and retreated to the corner of the closet. Craig stepped out, shutting the door quickly behind him to hide his little secret. Tricia looked at him skeptically. "What were you doing in the closet?"

"I don't know, what are you doing in my room?" He asked, a little more defensively than he should have. Tricia rolled her eyes and shoved him to the side.

"You've been acting weird for a few days now. What are you hiding?"

"Tricia, back off!" Craig snapped, pulling her away from the door. She slapped his hand away, and glared at him. She reached for the door again, but he grabbed her and tried to pull her away.

Kenny listened to the sibling fight from inside the closet, watching the door closely, listening to the jingle of the metal door knob as it was grabbed and released multiple times over. Finally, the door was flung open, and Tricia's eyes met Kenny's. She went still. Her breathing stopped, and her wide eyed gaze was unbreakable.

"Don't tell mom!" Craig growled in warning.

"Kenny?" Was all she could say. Kenny stood up, and clasped his hands together pleadingly.

"Tricia, I can explain—"

"Where's Karen!?" She immediately asked. "Is she here? Why didn't you tell me?"

"She's safe in Denver," Kenny assured her. Tricia's eyes filled with tears.

She spun around to face Craig, who stood shakily behind her. "How could you not tell me!?" She cried. Craig put a finger to his lips to tell her to shush. She glared at her feet, then turned to face Kenny again. "Why'd you take her away?" She asked, her voice more desperate than angry now. "You guys just left without saying anything. And now..." her eyes trailed to the closet floor, covered with blankets and pillows. She looked more betrayed than anything now. "How long have you been staying here?"

"A few days," Kenny answered slowly. She glared at him. He then grabbed her shoulders. "Tricia, please don't tell anyone. I'll be out of here soon."

"Why? You took Karen away, and then you just leave her in Denver... and now you're living in my house like some sort of creep! Why shouldn't I call the cops tight now?"

"What do I need to do for you to stay quiet? I will do anything," Kenny tried to bargain. Tricia stepped away from him.

"I wanna see Karen."

"I can't do that. Anything else?" Kenny pleaded. Craig cringed at the desperation in his voice. Tricia was a lot more stubborn than him. She folded her arms, and narrowed her eyes at the blond.

"I wanna see Karen."

Craig sighed. "I can take us to Denver for a day," he said. Both Kenny and Tricia looked at him. He sighed, and ran an anxious hand through his hair. "I can tell mom we're going to a festival or something. She'll understand." He looked at Kenny. "Besides, I can tell you wanna see her too."

......................................................
......................................................
I am so sorry for disappearing. I didn't even realize how long I was gone. We were having issues in my family, and my brother and I had to take care of my sister's kids while she dealt with her basket case of an ex, but it's over, and I'm back now.
Again, I'm really sorry.

I also want to acknowledge the likes and comments I've been getting. Thank you so much, it really means a lot. I love you guys.