Why did you run away?

The hotel wasn't too far from Kevin's apartment. Sherrie agreed to take Tricia back to hers along with Karen, so that meant Kenny and Craig would be alone together.

"Woah! This bath tub is massive! You didn't say you were getting a suite!" Kenny cried out dramatically from the hotel bathroom. Craig rolled his eyes as he texted another thank you to Tweek. It wasn't a suite. It was just a decent hotel. There was nothing Craig hated more than disgusting, grimy hotel rooms.

He doubted Kenny had ever seen a decent hotel in his life.

There was only one bed, which was a bit of an inconvenience, but it wasn't like sharing would be that big an issue. It was a queen size. Plenty of room for two.

Kenny exited the bathroom and threw himself onto the bed, practically being absorbed by the fluffy blanket and feather stuffed pillow. "Oh my god, I thought I knew what heaven was like before, but... mm, I wanna die here."

"It's just a bed," Craig said flatly, putting his phone down beside him. He then positioned himself so that he was laying side by side with his blond companion. "It is really comfortable though."

"Yeah," Kenny breathed out, his eyes closed and lips curled into a relaxed smile. He looked so peaceful. Craig watched him from the corner of his eye. Sometimes he swore he was still looking at that childish face. That youthful innocent face he had once loathed. Eight year old Kenny was a menace. It was almost hard to believe that this was the same person. That this human being was partially to blame for the Peru incident, which, no, he was not planning on getting over any time soon.

He was still an asshole for that, as were all his friends.

Kenny's smile faded. Not like he was hit with a sudden wave of sadness, but like he was just tired of holding his facial muscles like that.

"Hey Kenny?" Craig asked softly, hoping to keep the calm atmosphere that hung over them.

"Hmm?" Kenny responded, sounding already half asleep.

"Why did you run away?"

His eyes slit open just a little. "Why," he repeated the word, like this was his first time hearing it. He sighed and squeezed them shut again. "My Dad used to beat up on Kevin all the time, but they had a rocky relationship from the start. When Kevin left, he focused a little more on me. Not that I really cared. I wasn't as confrontational as Kevin, so we usually didn't have much to fight about." He began to look at his finger nails, as if to distract himself.

"I think Dad missed Kevin, even if the two fought like cats and dogs. He started drinking a lot more, barely making it home. That set my Mom off, and soon they were fist fighting. Of course, I love my Mom, but I knew she could whoop his ass if she needed to." He paused briefly, and put his hand down again. "A few nights before I left, he knocked Karen's tooth out." His features contorted to form a glare. "I was gonna kill him... I still might. But my only priority at the time was getting Karen out. I'll provide for her myself if it means she won't get hurt again."

"What about your Mom?" Craig asked, somewhat stunned by the tale. He recalled seeing One of Karen's teeth missing earlier, but didn't think much of it. Kenny and Kevin had gaps in their teeth too. It was just a trait he had gotten used to.

"I fought with her," Kenny admitted, sounding almost ashamed. "I begged her to leave him. I know she doesn't love him. Not in the way she claims anyway. But he's been in her life for so long, I think she's relient on his presence." He smiled sadly to himself. "Love makes people insane, man. It's a fucked up thing."

Craig jumped a little when he felt Kenny's fingers lace with his, but then squeezed his hand in an attempt to comfort him. "Are you okay?"

"Don't ask that." Kenny turned his head to look at him. "I'm fine. I've been through worse. None of this is about me. It's about Karen."

"I'm sorry," Craig said awkwardly. Kenny then laughed.

"Don't do that either. You remind me of Butters."

Craig laughed along with him. Kenny then rolled over and kissed Craig's lips. There was no fiery passion or lustful need behind it. Just a long, gentle kiss that Craig hoped would never end. It eventually did though. Kenny laid down again and nuzzled into his pillow.

Craig was still rolling his words over in his mind. 'Love makes people insane, man. It's a fucked up thing.' He watched as Kenny drifted into sweet unconsciousness, and wondered what exactly Kenny thought about the concept of love. He was a total fuckboy, but never seemed to get emotionally attached to anyone. Perhaps that was due to the impact his parents left on him.

Love leads to disaster. Caring for another person is dangerous, because you can never be too sure of who you're dealing with until it's too late.

Craig snuggled into the blond, and kissed his nose sweetly. "It's a fucked up thing," he whispered the words back to him, before closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around Kenny's sleeping form.

......................................................
......................................................

I'm gonna try to upload more frequently, because these chapters are too short to be putting out once a month. They don't take long to write. I'm just a lazy ass bitch.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. If you got this far in the book, you're precious to me and I love you dearly. ❤️

(Also, I wanna Acknowledge KEN-DOLLS For the dozens of comments. You made me laugh a lot dude. I appreciate you.)