Chapter 3- Just a Typical Day...

So, like I said last time, this chapter is a bit of a build-up to the drama that's going to unfold in the story. Most of what goes on isn't too significant to the plot, but more fillers.

Okay. Now, I'll shut up and let you enjoy this chappie!

Chapter 3- Just a Typical Day...

Over the next few days, everyone in town got into the swing of dealing with tourists again. They'd had a kind of chill day on New Year's Day, but by the time January sixth rolled around, Radiator Springs was business as usual.

When Radiator Springs first returned to the map, Fudge hated the fact that customers took up everyone's time and they had less time to spend with her, especially since she was used to receiving a lot of attention from the others. However, on this particular morning of Sunday, January sixth, she didn't really mind. She had big plans that day and couldn't wait. Lightning and Francesco were going to the airport, so the latter could return home to Italy. And she was going with them because she loved long rides and she loved the airport. It would take about three hours to get there and another three back, plus she imagined that they would go to the racetrack in Velo City. (AN: Get it?) Maybe Lightning would take her for a couple of laps again. She was sure that he would. He always did.

That morning, Fudge had been rudely woken up by the sound of the reveille as usual and- again, as usual- it was followed by the sound of the electric guitar. She knew what was coming and recited it along with Sarge and Fillmore, giggling.

"WILL YOU TURN THAT DISRESPECTFUL JUNK OFF?!" Sarge barked just as he did every single morning.

"Respect the classics, man!" Fillmore shot back as he, too, did every single morning in response to Sarge. "It's Hendrix!"

Fudge groaned and grinned in annoyance and amusement as she flopped back onto the pillow. Didn't they realise how old that was? It had been a part of Radiator Springs as long as the two of them had. The human girl tried to go back to sleep. When she woke up again, she lay snuggled up in bed for a little while, not wanting to move like she always did (she always felt the need to close her eyes because her eyelids felt really heavy, which did nothing to wake her up!) before making her way down into the kitchen, still half-asleep.

"Buon giorno!" she greeted Luigi, who was waiting for her in the kitchen, tiredly. Guido was probably over at Flo's already. She yawned loudly and was struggling to keep her eyes open, making the Fiat laugh. He knew that his daughter was not a morning person.

"Buon giorno, Fudge!" he returned the greeting warmly as he watched his daughter open the fridge. She was going with him over to Flo's for breakfast as they did nearly every morning, but she was always thirsty as soon as she woke up and couldn't wait that long to get a drink (plus, she was going to sample some leftover spaghetti from the night before, which she wasn't supposed to do, but she had very limited self-control when it came to food!). "Did you sleep well?"

She nodded as she sucked her fingers clean of pasta sauce and pulled a carton of orange juice out of the fridge and poured it into a plastic cup. "Yeah. What about you?"

Luigi smiled and nodded. "Yes. I slept very well, thank you." He gave her a cuddle and a big kiss, which she returned without hesitation.

"I had an interesting dream last night", the human girl commented and proceeded to describe it for Luigi as she drank her juice. It involved her winning a Piston Cup of her very own. She remembered the great feeling of crossing the finishing line first.

"I wanna be a racer someday!" Fudge commented, which Luigi knew already. "Well, a human crew chief!"

"I know!" Luigi smiled and gave her another kiss. "And I am sure you will one day. I have seen what you can do and I know you will be fantastico! But McQueen just wants you to wait until you are a little bit older, okay?"