Chapter 4- ...That Ended in Disaster

So, who's ready to get real sad? If the answer is not you, then I highly recommend clicking the back button in the corner or the red X in the other corner. Because as one FFN user so rightfully referred to it, the Bad Thing TM is about to happen. If you're ready for this, by all means, don't let me stop you and keep reading!

Chapter 4- ...That Ended in Disaster

An obnoxious series of rings set to a tune sounded as Lightning rolled through the city streets with Fudge on his roof, interrupting another round of "Ironic".

"Your phone's ringing", Fudge pointed out.

"I know." Lightning answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Stickers!" a familiar voice greeted him on the phone.

"Hey, Sal!" The race car was always happy to hear from his girlfriend.

"Hi, Aunt Sally!" Fudge called, sounding just as happy as Lightning.

"Hey, Fudge! Are you two having fun?" the Porsche questioned.

"Yeah", Lightning answered. "We just dropped Francesco off at the airport and had pizza for dinner. Now, we're gonna go back to the track for a little while."

"Okay. When do you think you'll be back?"

"Eleven-thirty at the earliest", he responded after some mental calculations. "Probably after midnight, though."

"Stickers, Fudge needs her sleep", Sally reminded him.

"Come on, Sally! She's twelve! I used to stay up later than that when I was twelve! Besides, it's not like it's a school night and she's gotta get up early tomorrow." Fudge was home-schooled.

Sally chuckled. "I guess you're right. Though, I'm gonna have to talk to Luigi and Guido."

"You're gonna get in trouble!" Fudge sang, giggling.

The amused stock car rolled his eyes.

"One more thing", Sally went on. "Didn't you hear about the storm that's supposed to be coming sometime tonight? Not sure if you're gonna want to be out in that."

"We'll be fine", her boyfriend assured her casually. "I know what I'm doing. First sign of trouble, we'll come straight home."

"All right... I trust you. Just stay safe."

"We will. All right, bye, Sal. I'll see you when we get back."

"Okay. I'll see you soon", she agreed. "Love you!"

"Love you more!"

"I love you both too!" Fudge piped up.

"Love you too, Fudge!" the other two chorused.

"Try not to get too tired, all right?" Sally teased.

"I won't!" she promised, giggling.

"Bye, Sal!"

"See ya, Stickers!"

They hung up.

"You okay?" Lightning asked, noticing that the human girl was shivering a little.

"Yeah... Just a little cold." She wrapped her jacket around herself tighter, hugging herself.

"All right. Well, we're not gonna be here for too long", he assured her.

"We're back!" Fudge exclaimed as they pulled up to the speedway yet again.

"We're back!" Lightning echoed.