Chapter 15- Luigi!

Well, I guess I just gave away the victim of the bad thing that happens in this chapter, didn't I? Oh, well. You can still enjoy the chapter. Sort of.

Chapter 15- Luigi!

"Where did everyone go?" Fudge wondered as Dr. Green got ready to inject the needle into her arm.

"They had to leave while your tests were being done", Luigi explained. He gave her a kiss. "They will be back soon, okay?"

Fudge's only response was to look out the window and exclaim, "Hey! It's raining!"

Luigi chuckled. "Yes. The weather has been very bad while you have been here."

The medication still made Fudge feel very tired, so after she'd had it, she decided to take a nap.

"Will you be here when I wake up?" she quizzed her fathers drowsily as her eyes began to close. She could barely stay awake.

"Of course!" Luigi promised, squeezing her hand. "Papà needs to talk to McQueen, but we will stay right here with you. You just go to sleep."

"Okay..." And just like that, she was out cold, making both of her fathers smile fondly.

Luigi rolled towards the door and opened it. "McQueen?" His voice was flat.

The stock car looked his way. "Yeah?"

Without a word, Luigi gestured for him to come into the room just as they heard thunder crack outside.

"Hey, Fudge-O!" Lightning whispered, going over to the bed and kissing the sleeping girl.

"McQueen?" Luigi repeated.

He dragged his eyes away from Fudge. "Yeah?"

"I think we need to talk."

"I think we do."

"Over the last few days", Luigi began, "Fudge has been very upset whenever I leave her while you came in. And if there is one thing I do not like, it is upsetting my daughter. And Guido thinks I should be civil to you..."

"I think that would probably be best for Fudge", Lightning agreed, sensing that Luigi wasn't going to apologise. "She needs to know the people she cares about are all here for her. With everything she's going through, the last thing she needs is us b**ching about each other."

Luigi nodded curtly. "I agree. But this does not mean I forgive you!"

"Luigi!" Guido piped up.

"Look", McQueen responded, "I don't blame you for being mad at me. I would be too if I was in your position. I'm really sorry about what's happened to Fudge, but you know I didn't do this to her on purpose, right?"

"Yes." Luigi was beginning to sound very annoyed. He thought that he could be civil to Lightning, so he could focus on Fudge, but he just couldn't. Every time he saw the stock car, he just thought about what he had done to his daughter and that was enough to make his oil boil. "But this would never have happened if you were not being responsible! I was afraid that this would happen if my daughter got involved with racing, but I trusted you to keep her safe!"

"Luigi!" Guido repeated. He couldn't believe it! He had been hoping for the two of them to have a mature adult conversation and be civil at the very least, but it looked like that wasn't going to happen.

"I don't know what you want me to do!" Lightning's voice was rising. "I've apologised a million times! I've been here with Fudge whenever I can!" He rolled closer to the Fiat. "What do you want me to do, Luigi?!"