Chapter 3

I've literally have had this fully written for a couple of months I just suck at posting. 

TW: Angry boi and mentions of abuse (maybe I wrote this a while ago)

I have no idea if I fell asleep or just passed out, but I ended up waking up at 5 in the morning. I had to go to school today, no denying it. If I didn't go, mom would have to come to get me. Which puts her at risk. I had to leave soon if I was going to take the bus. Man, it's been a while since I've done that.

I take a quick shower and change. Writing a note to mom, I put it on her nightstand before leaving the house entirely. I quietly walked to the bus stop, trying not to stumble since I couldn't see.

I get on the bus, thank God no one sat next to me. Well, for a while that it is.

"Hey, um is this, is this seat taken?" The quiet voice of Evan asked.

"Yep," I say look at him.

"Jared?"

"That's me."

"I-I need to talk, to talk to you, Jared."

"That's great, Evan! I don't want to talk to you bye!"

The bus started and he walked away.

When we got to school I quickly got off the bus and started toward my class.

"Jared!" Alana shouted. I turn to her.

"What?" I say, voice laced with annoyance.

"We made enough money for the orchard."

"Amazing! I don't care!"

"What? Your apart of this."

"I'm out."

"What do you mean you're out?"

"What I just said," I start walking away.

"Should've known you and Evan weren't so different."

I spin on my heel and face her getting real close.

"Don't you even dare compare to Evan!" I shout in her face.

"Well maybe don't act like Evan!"

"Ha! Act like Evan! Evan started all of this, started the landslide of my life! So don't even talk about him in front of me!"

"I'm not afraid of you Kleinman."

"You should be."

I pushed her out of the way and didn't even try to see if she got hurt or not. I make it to my first class. I sat in the back, which was a bad idea, I couldn't see anything, but at the same time, I didn't care.

I tuned out basically as soon as I got in there.

"Mr. Kleinman," My teacher says.

"Yes?"

"Would you answer the question on the board?"

"No, I cannot."

"Why?"

"Waddup, I'm Jared, I'm 19 and I never learned how to read." (I'm brilliant be quiet)

I got a few chuckles out of this.

"Mr. Kleinman please read the board."

"I can't see it."

"Then move up."

"Let me think. No."

"Mr. Kleinman I'd rather not issue a detention today."

"Ms. Macky I'd rather not pay attention today."

"I'll call the principal."

"I'll call the principal," I mocked.

She went to her phone and talked to someone in a hushed tone. Later on, Mr. Mash came and looked at the teacher.

"Jared Kleinman right?" He says to her.

"No."

"Come with me," He says to me.

"Nope."

He grabs my arm and takes me out of the class dragging me to his office. I sit down as he looks at me.

"So Jared, mind telling me where this behavior comes from?"

"Sadly I have this thing called a brain that makes me feel emotion."

"Jared, I'm trying to help you here."

"That's what they all say."

He studied me for a minute.

"I'm going to need to call your mom."

"What why?"

"Your behavior today isn't acceptable, I think you just need to take a step back."

"Don't call my mom."

"Then your dad."

"Even worse."

"Then who should I call?"

I thought for a minute. I could call her but at the same time, Evan. But Evan is at school. So.

"Call Heidi Hansen."

He did and I waited. It took about five minutes until she finally showed up.

"Hi, Jared," She says signing me out.

"Hi, Heidi," I say following her out to her car.

"So how are you?" she asks catching me by surprise. Everyone has been wanting me to talk to them. They never ask how I am. They ask about me like I'm a problem, not like I'm normal.

"Well, to be honest, not doing so great."

"I'm sorry," She didn't push or press. She just kept driving. It was kind of a relief. 

Yo this sucks, I'm cringing. But like yeet.