Chapter 4

You guys are in for a treat cause I think I'm just gonna update this until it's all on here tonight.

TW: Fighting. 

We drove in silence for awhile. We got to her house and she led me inside.

"You're lucky I had a day off today ya know, I don't really have snacks, but make yourself at home, I got to keep working," She examined me for a second before looking at my face. "Where are your glasses? Oh my God! What happened to your face?!"

I probably had a bruise there, the fact that no one could really notice was kind of comforting to me. Or maybe it's because I looked scary with it. I shake my head at her and go to her couch laying down.

She sighs, "Well if you need to talk, Jared, I'm just in the kitchen."

I nod. Feeling my eyes kind of droop. I went to bed last night, but I have no idea what time, or how well. I just knew it happened. I listen to the noises of the house and slowly drifted to sleep, for the first time actually feeling safe.

I woke up hearing quiet arguing. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. How long was I asleep for? I look around for a second to see the blue polo shirt I've come to know as, Evan.

"Crap," I mutter getting up and start heading to the door.

"Jared, do you need a ride?" Heidi asked.

"No, I'm fine," I say put on my shoes.

"Jared, I need to talk to you," Evan said.

"Save it for another time, Hansen."

"Jared what's going on!"

"I don't know you tell me."

"Why don't you ever give a real answer!"

"Because sometimes, Evan, the fake one is easier to face than the real one."

I walk out only for Evan to follow. He grabbed my arm the door slamming closed behind him. I flinch a little. Crap.

"Let go, Evan," I say growling.

"I did that once Jared, I'm not doing it again."

"I suggest you do Evan."

"Just hear me out, please."

"I'm done listening to you Evan! You and your ideas that end up ruining my life!"

"You think I don't know that!" He shouted. "You think I don't know how many people I hurt Jared! I just want to try and make it up! Please!"

"I can't believe you! You can't get it through your thick skull can you Evan! I can't forgive you! You ruined everything! Maybe things were rough before but now they're worse! And it's all because I agreed to help you! Because I decided to try and be nice for once! Now let go!" I shoved him off of me. He stumbled backward.

"Jared, I don't like where this is heading."

"Where what's heading!?"

"You, you're starting to," He stuttered.

"Spit it out!"

"You're starting to act like Connor, Jared!"

"Ah yes! You're invisible boyfriend! Tell him I said hi!"

"Jared this isn't a joke!"

"Oh but my life's a joke can't you tell!"

"Jared."

"Oh shut it with your stupid sympathy! I don't need it!"

"What happened?"

"Why does everyone keep asking that!?"

"To you?"

"You have no idea!"

"Well maybe I would if you would stop acting like a freak!" his eyes widen as he said it. "Wait no, Ja- I didn't mean."

"Oh but you did, newsflash, I was already a freak, Evan."

With that, I stormed off. I walked all the way home. It wasn't super far, I've walked to his house and my house for years. It all came naturally to me. 

I'm cackling, this awful and dumb but amazing someone find me help.