Chapter 8

Yeah uh, so, yep. 

TW: Mentions of past abuse and death

I drove to the nearest campsite. A place Evan always talked of. Said he and his dad used to go there before his dad left. I parked my car and sat in it. What else could I do? I have no home, money, clothes, food, water, and mom.

I quietly cried. What else could I do? I'm in pain, emotionally and physically. So the best thing I can do is cry. I cried until I had no energy left. I saw the world spin around, and finally, I passed out.

I woke up to a frantic banging on my window. I open it up, not looking to see who it was.

"Yes?"

"Hi, I was wondering why Jared Kleinman is sitting in his truck in the middle of a campground."

"Hi, I'm wondering why Evan Hansen thinks he can butt into everything about my life."

"Jared, you hate camping, why are you here?"

"Maybe I love it now."

"Jared your face is stained with tears."

"Well that's creepy you know that."

"What the heck happened you have cuts and bruises everywhere."

"I can't take this anymore! You know what Evan, you yelled at me. You were right I don't have any friends and the only person who I was closest to having a friend was you, but I ruined that. I ruined my relationship with my mom," My voice cracked as tears started flowing out. "Now she's dead. I have no money, no food, no water, clothes, a house, anything. It's all gone. I lost everything Evan because I can barely keep myself together."

I was sobbing. I knew I was sobbing. He walks away. Should've known he didn't care enough. I felt a brisk breeze come in then stop as the door slammed closed. I felt Evan wrap his arms around me.

"I can drive us home," He says quietly.

I nod. He gets out and comes around. I got out of the truck and try walking, some help with him, but I just can't. I give up. I collapsed. Evan slowly lowered himself and me down. Holding me tight. He didn't say anything, but I knew he would keep his promise. He said he let go once, he wasn't going to do it again. Finally, after awhile comfortable, feeling at home for the first time in a while. I let myself sleep in safe arms.

I wake up slowly, feeling warm and comfortable. I look around the room, I couldn't see, but I knew I was in Evan's room. With the plants everywhere. This felt natural.

There was a soft knocking and Heidi came in.

"Hey Jared, how are you feeling?"

"Wishing that I didn't have to," I say.

She comes in and sits next to me, and she hugs me. Maybe it wasn't my mom, but I felt safe in her arms too.

"It's going to be okay."

For once I believe it. 

If you want an epilogue you will have to wait a while. Like a long while. I suck at posting.

Update: I have an epilogue

BUT THAT'S THE END. HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THE SADNESS.