CHAPTER 5

LIBRARY

Geez, he's 10 minutes late. Guess I'm starting without him. I placed both my palms on the table and pushed myself up, then proceeded to the librarian to ask where information about soulmates can be found.

"Right there, the last shelf." she pointed and smiled to me.

I thanked her and walked over to the end of the library where the shelf was located.

"Soulmates...soulmates..."
I mumbled under my breath while looking for a book related to soulmate.

"There!" i stretched out my hand and reached for it but guess who's too short.

I sighed, short people problems.

"This?" a voice suddenly came from behind me and when I turned around, my face was smashed right into someone's chest. I pushed the person lightly, looked up and saw Jeon Jungkook.

He held the book high, preventing me from getting it.

"You're going to need it anyways, Jeon." i mentioned.

"I know, but its just cute to see you struggle." he chuckled.

"shut up." i scoffed.

He leaned in closer, minimising the space between us and now, our faces are only a few cm away.

"Why, do i make you nervous?"

We looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds, and it was getting awkward. i could hear heartbeats, but i'm not sure if its coming from me or him.

Snap out of it Han Jiwoo, you'll never like him.

Suddenly, there was a spark of light coming from my wrist where the mark was on, but only for a few seconds.

This stopped the awkward atmosphere as we both looked down at my wrist.

"What was that?" jungkook pointed out.

"Nothing, we SHOULD probably get some work started." I pushed him away lightly as i walked towards our table.

~

30 MINUTES LATER

"So apparently according to this book, everyone is given the mark of love. If it lights up near a particular person, it means that they love that person in a very unique way. But in order to confirm that they are each other's soulmates, both of their mark of love has to light up. overtime, as their love grows stronger, the light that the mark gives off would be brighter." I summarised whatever that was on the book.

"That's complete bullshit, I've never experienced such things before."

"Maybe because you're a jerk to everyone and nobody loves you."

"I'm more of a jerk to you than you can ever imagine." he said as a smirk appeared on his face.

"Everyone knows that." i agreed on his statement.

~

2 HOURS LATER

"Okay Jeon we need to-"

I glanced over and saw him sleeping with his head resting on his arms which were on the table.

I scoot over a little and rested my head next to his, then facing him and examined his features.

You know for an idiot like him, he sure has great features.

All of a sudden, there were butterflies in my stomach.

The mark on my wrist gave off light again.

What if the mark that i have was the mark of love? No, it can't be, not him.

"Done staring?" he opened his eyes and giggled.

I sat up and defended myself, "You're delusional, i wasn't staring."

He snickered and replied, "Sure, whatever you say."

"Okay thats the end for today, we'll discuss it tomorrow." and I stood up up, packed my things and left.