Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Coffee

Sunday morning dragged for the most part, but I somehow managed to finish the paper that was due at the end of the week. I couldn't, however, get myself to study for the upcoming test.

After I had read the same page three times and still had no idea what it was about, I put it away and called Andrew. I asked if he needed some help with the afternoon shift because I sure as hell could use a distraction.

He was thankful and said he'd been about to call me to ask me to come in because James had just called out sick. That made me worried because it was very unusual, but Andrew assured me it was just a bad cold.

I hurried since Andrew was the only one working and arrived at the coffee shop by late afternoon. It wasn't overly busy, so I handled the cafe on my own, while Andrew went into his office and did whatever it was he does in there.

It was early evening when he reappeared behind the counter. There was no one on line, so I was cleaning up and washing dishes.

"So..." Andrew started but waited for me to shut off the water before he continued. "What's the story with Sara?"

"What do you mean?"

I peered curiously up at my 30-year-old boss. He was attractive, with brownish hair, blue eyes, average height, and a boyish grin. I understood what Sara saw in him, he just wasn't my type.

"Is she single? Available? Off-limits?"

My brows rose as I fought the smile that threatened to break my face in half. I hadn't expected him to ask that.

"Oh, Andrew," I giggled, when I could no longer hold it back. "She is as single as they come and if you are interested, I say go for it."

"Yeah?" his face split up into a huge grin. "You'd be okay with that?"

"Of course. I think you two would be good for each other."

Sara could use someone to rely on. Someone that would be able to handle her wild, outgoing personality. Andrew was stable and secure. He owned and managed his business. He'd keep her centered.

"Nice," Andrew said with a big smile. "Appreciate it, Em."

"Sure."

The store got quiet in the evening, like it normally did on Sundays. I took my time cleaning all the supplies and going through the inventory. I even made a list and added all the supplies we needed for the upcoming week. That was usually Andrew's job, but he seemed to appreciate the help and I needed the distraction.

Andrew awarded me with a big smile and hearty "thank you" as I handed him the list the next time he came out of his office.

He made himself a sandwich and returned to his office to place the orders and get on top of his paperwork. I pulled my phone out and texted Sara.

Em. My boss has the hots for you.
Sara. Seriously?
Sara. Who even says that anymore?

That made me laugh. It was something my brother used to say when we goofed around. 

Em. IDK.
Sara. ?
Em. He told me.
Sara. Wait. What? He told you?
Em. Yes.
Sara. Wow.
Em. Interested?

I watched how the bubble with the little dots appeared and then stopped. Just to reappear and stop again before she finally responded with a single word. "Yes."

Damn. They were actually serious about this.

Em. Ok.
Sara. Yeah.
Em. Want me to tell him or just encourage him?
Sara. Just encourage him.
Em. Consider it done.

I was laughing by myself when the door opened. I looked up from my phone and found non-other than Noah freaking Blackwell walking in.

What were the chances of that on a freaking Sunday afternoon? Wasn't there some important football game on tv that he had to watch? Or what about spending time with his girlfriend?