Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Revelation

I went through the next few days like I was wading through a thick fog. Sara questioned me about it and while I didn't tell her what had happened, she somehow found out from Andrew. I guess I should've expected that, since they were giving each other googly eyes.

Sara threatened to tell my brother unless I actually fessed up and told her everything about what was going on, which only made me madder.

I was so frustrated with all the emotions going through me and so mad at Noah for thinking he could just say he was sorry and expecting that everything would resolve between us. But, even more than that, I was mad at myself because despite knowing that Noah had treated me like absolute dirt, I still somehow missed what we had.

I missed him.

And that sucked.

I worked again that following Sunday, and it was getting close to closing time when Noah once again walked through the front door.

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath.

"Em?" Ava asked, her eyes studying me behind her glasses.

"I'm fine," I whispered. "He's just a complication."

"Alright."

She looked over at Noah but didn't make a move, or offered to help him, even when he got close to the counter. I knew she was waiting for me to take the lead, and she'd take over for me, if needed.

"Em..." Noah started.

I closed my eyes and tried to keep my emotions in check. "What. Do. You. Want?"

He sighed and I could see the disappointment flash across his face, but to his credit, it didn't stop him. "Can we talk when you get off, please?" he asked.

"Why, Noah?"

"Please, Em."

I snorted. "So you can make yourself feel better? Is that what this is about?" I stopped what I was doing to study his expression.

Maybe that was what all this was about?

Maybe he needed to clean his conscience, or some shit like that. Like when alcoholics go through all the steps of AA.

Ava helped the only other customer on line while Noah leaned across the counter to get closer to me.

"I am trying here, Em. I know I fucked up, okay?" He whispered so only I could hear. "But I'm admitting it. I want to tell you about it. I want to try to make it right between us."

"Yeah, you fucked up alright. Fucked being the keyword."

walked over to the sink and turned on the faucet just to drown out the sound of his voice.

He wanted to make it "right" between us. Yeah, okay.

"Em, please," Noah pleaded.

"Um..." Ava came over and touched my arm. "You may actually like want to talk to the guy before he makes a scene. You know Andrew wouldn't be happy with that."

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. I knew she was right, but I didn't want to have to deal with Noah. I looked up and found him by the counter, his brown eyes still focused on me.

He actually looked remorseful. Not that I cared. Or at least not that much. Whatever. It was what I was trying to tell myself.

I shut the water off and dried my hands on the apron that was tied around my waist and walked over by Noah. "Can you please leave, Noah?" I asked.

"Come to dinner with me, Em, and I promise to leave you alone after that, if that is what you want." He looked at me, and as much as I didn't want to, the expression in his eyes made my heart beat faster. He was so goddamn gorgeous and it just wasn't fair. Why couldn't he be butt ugly?