chapter 4

"Hey what's wrong with you, your face is enough to give a child nightmares," Josh said as they were walked down the hallway.

"Gym," Alex answered.

"I don't see why you're complaining, you're so good at sports but never participate in them, plus who wouldn't want to see hot girls all sweaty."

Alex didn’t hesitate to smack Josh. It
was times like those he wished the other was all talk no show but it was all talk and proof to show. As unbelievable as it was, Josh was quite the lady’s man. Unbelievable really.

What did they see in such a pervert? Sure, the cooking was good but was that enough to attract girls the way he did?

"Well, there's nothing I can do for ya, you'll just have to grow balls, "Josh said right before he entered his classroom, escaping another smack directed his way. Just a bit and he could’ve got him. He really was one lucky bastard.

The bringer of hell and worse, rang, piercing Alex’s ear drums. He just had to be right under the goddamn thing. He sighed, knowing it was the start of the worst period known to man. 
Alex entered the changing room where many guys were screaming their brains out, hollering like they were at some sports match. Some even standing on top of the not so steady looking benches.

Alex navigated his way through the many topless bodies before making way to a locker. He quickly changed and was out on the field in the record time of a few minutes.

He was one of the first on the field, other than him and the coach was Xavier and the other two whose names he had yet to learn. The coach was marking down whatever he was when he looked up the time. He sighed, massaging his temples.

“Since you’re the first here, just pair up and begin rounds,” He said, moving his finger between them. Alex was genuinely confused on how the pair up worked and also maybe didn’t want to pair up with any of them. Not that he had any mal intent towards them, quite the opposite really.

All three looked like they could run marathons and barely break a sweat and he wasn’t ready to have one of them as his partner for the rest of year. Especially not Xavier who towered over the rest. Its only now that they stood fairly closer that he could really see how much taller the dude was. He was tall.

“Meyers, I know you’re not an idiot,” The coach said, tapping his pen on his clipboard. Alex who’d unintentionally spaced out, realized that the other two had already started the laps, leaving him and Xavier standing there. More so Xavier waiting for him to snap out of it.

Without a word, they began their laps, Alex keeping his mouth shut. He wasn’t ready to get detention for causing trouble.

The two continued their laps in silence, Alex quickly cooling down from finding hundreds of ways to cuss the teacher. He was finally much aware of the silence between the two and with no one else on the field other than the other two who were way ahead, made it ten times more awkward. Even when others started showing up, they weren’t allowed to run the warm up laps.

Well serves them right for taking their sweet time

Was he still feeling a bit salty from the teacher? Maybe. Was taking it out on others satisfying? Hell yeah and it got him thinking about anything other than the awkwardness between him and Xavier. He was positive though, that he was the only that could feel it.
He would sneak a side glance every now and then and how in god’s name isn’t he sweating?

Alex was already beading everywhere, now out of breath but this guy was completely normal as if they hadn’t just run hundreds of rounds around the big ass field. If it wasn’t for the fact that Xavier was his partner, he would’ve already taken a break but his pride felt challenged. He didn’t want to look like some prissy that couldn’t handle a bit of running.
It was really tempting though. Well fuck, he had asthma so he had an excuse.